What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.85SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Voxel

Part of the Furniture
Continuation of

. . .
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r7800-v-1-0-2-83sf.71083/
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r7800-v-1-0-2-84sf.71885/

New version of my custom firmware build: 1.0.2.85SF.

Changes (vs 1.0.2.84SF):

1. Toolchain: GCC is upgraded 10.3.0->11.1.0.
2. Toolchain: Go is upgraded 1.16.3->1.16.4.
3. OpenVPN is upgraded 2.5.1->2.5.2.
4. curl package is upgraded 7.76.0->7.76.1.
5. uci package is upgraded 2020-10-06->2021-04-14.
6. libgcrypt package is upgraded 1.8.7->1.9.3.
7. libgpg-error package is upgraded 1.39->1.42.
8. nano package is upgraded 5.6.1->5.7.
9. ethtool package is upgraded 5.10->5.12.
10. netatalk-utility: fix error message for '/etc/init.d/forked-daapd start|stop' if there is no such file.
11. amule, libcrypto++, wxWidgets: add support of compilation by GCC 11.
12. samba-scripts: add possibility to use custom user's config '/etc/config/samba/user.conf'.
(Now it is possible to use custom user's config for samba. Just save your custom​
config as '/etc/config/samba/user.conf' and it will be used instead of generation of the​
new config)​

The link is:

https://www.voxel-firmware.com (thanks to vladlenas for his help with hosting).

Voxel.

As always, all systems go! :cool:

@Voxel

Thanks for another hassle free update.

Although the 7800 was first introduced in 2016 and might be considered somewhat ancient, you've extended it's life considerably with your firmware updates.

I have no urge to replace my 7800.

The R7800 is a very decent router hardware-wise. It's not as old as the R7000 which still sells a lot. I personally have no need to replace my R7800.

Although the 7800 was first introduced in 2016 and might be considered somewhat ancient, you've extended it's life considerably with your firmware updates.

The R7800 is a very decent router hardware-wise. It's not as old as the R7000 which still sells a lot. I personally have no need to replace my R7800.

Ancient...

Out of topic. Just for fun: do you realize that your R7800 is powered by much more powerful CPU vs e.g. most modern aircraft on-board computer (avionics) you are flying? Airbus/Boeing. And much much much more powerful vs e.g. Mars Exploration Rovers...

Reliability and safety...

Voxel.

Ancient...

Out of topic. Just for fun: do you realize that your R7800 is powered by much more powerful CPU vs e.g. most modern aircraft on-board computer (avionics) you are flying? Airbus/Boeing. And much much much more powerful vs e.g. Mars Exploration Rovers...

Reliability and safety...

Voxel.
The 7800 hardware design engineers made an excellent choice using the Qualcomm Atheros chipset.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!