What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.90SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not major, but I did have an issue with this update. My 2.4GHz network channel was set to AUTO prior to updating. After updating, the 2.4GHz network and SSID would not appear and devices assigned to it would not connect. However, things seem to be running well now after assigning a channel (e.g., not using AUTO).

Thank you for all of your work on this device.

I have been a little absent lately, and skipped several upgrades.
Did this one, flawless as usual.

THANK YOU,
and Merry Christmas to all!

This firmware appears to have a binary called "aws-iot" located in /usr/sbin/

Any idea what that does. It was running on my router, but gives no output when running it manually. The binary seems to be sending data to an AWS EC2 endpoint

This firmware appears to have a binary called "aws-iot" located in /usr/sbin/

Any idea what that does. It was running on my router, but gives no output when running it manually. The binary seems to be sending data to an AWS EC2 endpoint

It is amazon 'snitch' program. Check this post by NetBytes:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...timization-documentation-consolidation.67823/

Along with the recommendations for disabling aws services in above post. Disable below service as well. It creates unnecessary /tmp/crash_log file after every reboot.

[ -x /etc/init.d/aws ] && { chmod -x /etc/init.d/aws; }

Hello, Voxel

What do you think about "Funjsq for PR SKU" vulnerability?
Netgear fixed it in last firmware. (R7800 Firmware Version 1.0.2.90, issued 01/11/2022 )
Is it fixed in your firmware, or should we wait for this fix later?

Thanks!

Hello, Voxel

What do you think about "Funjsq for PR SKU" vulnerability?
Netgear fixed it in last firmware. (R7800 Firmware Version 1.0.2.90, issued 01/11/2022 )
Is it fixed in your firmware, or should we wait for this fix later?

Thanks!

Changelog for 1.0.2.63SF (Jan 29, 2019)

New version of my custom firmware build: 1.0.2.63SF.
. . .
15. NG version of OpenVPN client is removed (conflicting with my version of OpenVPN client).
16. Funjsq service is removed:
Guys from China: I am really sorry, please use a stock version if you need exactly this version of OpenVPN client, my knowledge of Chinese is close to zero to understand this service description/features from this: https://www.funjsq.com/
17. Toolchain: gdb is upgraded to 8.2.1.
. . .

Voxel.

. . .
15. NG version of OpenVPN client is removed (conflicting with my version of OpenVPN client).
Guys from China: I am really sorry, please use a stock version if you need exactly this version of OpenVPN client, my knowledge of Chinese is close to zero to understand this service description/features from this: https://www.funjsq.com/
. . .

Voxel.
It's great, you are really ahead of everyone!

. . .
. . .

Voxel.
I opened an issue/suggestion on github few days back. Please take a look if it is worth looking into, otherwise close it.
Thanks.

I opened an issue/suggestion on github few days back. Please take a look if it is worth looking into, otherwise close it.
Thanks.
Meanwhile, you can experiment @fossil and alpha test the firmware after removing/adjusting the mentioned files yourself.
If all works fine, it will make things easier for @Voxel when he will find time for this ;)

Hi @Voxel ! Thanks for your relentless work with this router, making it one of the best, cost-effective options for advanced home networking. I have small issue: I have upgraded to your latest version (V1.0.2.91.1SF) and the OpenVPN server has stopped working. I tried disabling it and enabling it via the Advanced Tab --> Advanced Setup --> VPN Service page but when I click apply, I get a "400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client." error, similar to this person here, here or here.

Do you know why it may be happening or how I can resolve it? Or, alternatively, is there a way to do this via ssh? (I'm absolutely not an expert in linux but I did manage to set up a cron job for the duckdns updates, so I should be able to follow instructions if someone points me in the right direction to configure the openvpn server daemon)

Thanks in advance and all the best for this 2022 year.

Hi @Voxel ! Thanks for your relentless work with this router, making it one of the best, cost-effective options for advanced home networking. I have small issue: I have upgraded to your latest version (V1.0.2.91.1SF) and the OpenVPN server has stopped working. I tried disabling it and enabling it via the Advanced Tab --> Advanced Setup --> VPN Service page but when I click apply, I get a "400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client." error, similar to this person here, here or here.

Do you know why it may be happening or how I can resolve it? Or, alternatively, is there a way to do this via ssh? (I'm absolutely not an expert in linux but I did manage to set up a cron job for the duckdns updates, so I should be able to follow instructions if someone points me in the right direction to configure the openvpn server daemon)

Thanks in advance and all the best for this 2022 year.
Don't worry about this. Surprisingly, I managed to fix it by using openvpn-update and then stopping and starting the service. Thanks again for this excellent firmware! I learn more and more things everytime ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!