What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.91SF & v. 1.0.2.91.1SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am trying to set up DNS-exits' dynamic DNS to update every 3 min by using curl, I've verified that the curl command does what its supposed to do in an SSH sesh but I am not sure how to continue from here. I was thinking add a cronjob but /etc/crontabs/root does not seem to be persistant and always reverts back to the original file (during boot-time I guess, or perhaps crontabs get generated every boot idk but changes wont stick after a reboot). Anyone has a solution?

this is the command I am trying to cron
Bash:
/usr/bin/curl https://api.dnsexit.com/dns/ud/?apikey=API-KEY -d host=host1.yourdomain.com

This stuff (enabling respond to ping) is inside of the pre-built binary 'net-cgi' from the GPL by NG/DNI. So sorry, I cannot change its behavior. But do you really change OpenVPN ON/OFF too often? I just do enable it with disabling 'respond to ping' and forget it almost forever...

Voxel.
Voxel, thanks for the info. I don’t leave the OpenVPN server running all the time but now that I know this is the expected behavior, I will just remember to deal with it manually.

I am trying to set up DNS-exits' dynamic DNS to update every 3 min by using curl, I've verified that the curl command does what its supposed to do in an SSH sesh but I am not sure how to continue from here. I was thinking add a cronjob but /etc/crontabs/root does not seem to be persistant and always reverts back to the original file (during boot-time I guess, or perhaps crontabs get generated every boot idk but changes wont stick after a reboot). Anyone has a solution?

Bash:
/usr/bin/curl https://api.dnsexit.com/dns/ud/?apikey=API-KEY -d host=host1.yourdomain.com
Try to use @kamoj add-on.

Voxel.

Bash:
The default cron is no good for customized rules.

two three ways:
1) as @Voxel suggested, use the @kamoj addon that uses its own cron for custom tasks. And makes it easy.
2) use Entware and install cron through it, and you will have a functional cron.
3) use a custom script and launch your own cron daemon, but only if you know what you are doing…

Last edited:
Does anyone using latest Voxel firmware with VLAN enabled on R7800?

I was trying to enable VLAN on my R7800 with 91.1SF + Kamoj 5.5b18 and end up with disconnected Internet.
Setup wizard / problem detection / ISP DHCP release / renew is not working and I found the following error in the logs:

device brwan entered promiscuous mode
device brwan left promiscuous mode
NET: Unregistered protocol family 24
brwan: port 1(ethwan) entered disabled state
device eth0 left promiscuous mode
device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
DNI-QOS: Qos is disable
DNI-QOS: Qos is enable
brwan: port 1(ethwan) entered forwarding state
brwan: no IPv6 routers present
ethwan: no IPv6 routers present
device brwan entered promiscuous mode
msm_nand_read_oob 57f0800 800 0 failed -74, corrected 0
UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 64 bytes from PEB 283:67584, read 64 bytes
msm_nand_read_oob 57f1000 800 0 failed -74, corrected 0
UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 64 bytes from PEB 283:69632, read 64 bytes
msm_nand_read_oob 57f1800 800 0 failed -74, corrected 0
UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 64 bytes from PEB 283:71680, read 64 bytes
msm_nand_read_oob 57f2000 800 0 failed -74, corrected 0
UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 64 bytes from PEB 283:122880, read 64 bytes
msm_nand_read_oob 57fe800 800 0 failed -74, corrected 0
UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 64 bytes from PEB 283:124928, read 64 bytes
msm_nand_read_oob 57ff000 800 0 failed -74, corrected 0
UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 64 bytes from PEB 283:126976, read 64 bytes
msm_nand_read_oob 57ff800 800 0 failed -74, corrected 0
UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 64 bytes from PEB 283:129024, read 64 bytes
device brwan left promiscuous mode
brwan: port 1(ethwan) entered disabled state
DNI-QOS: Qos is disable
DNI-QOS: Qos is enable
brwan: no IPv6 routers present
ethwan: no IPv6 routers present

everything back to normal when I disable VLAN... and no such errors in the log occuring anymore...

I have also tested on fresh factory reset Voxel firmware and the same errors occuring so not related to Kamoj add-on nor Aegis etc...
Not tested with vendor original firmware as as it's not sable in 90+ versions as per my expirance...

OK, I have tested VLAN with different firmwares (Netgear .90 , .86, .68) different ISP (LTE including) and "Internet" was not available with VLAN enabed... so I have started reading R7800 user manual as you are always comming back to manuals when something is not working ;) - not before setup :p

It looks like VLAN on our routers are only for solutions like IPTV where LAN device needs direct acccess to ISP services - this is not a real VLAN setup for LAN without WAN affecting... Anyone know if we can setup real VLANs on R7800/R900 series routers or ProSafe (business) series are required?

For the UBI / mtd errors I have reset settings many times during different firmwares testing and as found in older posts - I have disabled Traffic Meter and all ECC errors for "netgear" were gone after reboot...

OK, I have tested VLAN with different firmwares (Netgear .90 , .86, .68) different ISP (LTE including) and "Internet" was not available with VLAN enabed... so I have started reading R7800 user manual as you are always comming back to manuals when something is not working ;) - not before setup :p

It looks like VLAN on our routers are only for solutions like IPTV where LAN device needs direct acccess to ISP services - this is not a real VLAN setup for LAN without WAN affecting... Anyone know if we can setup real VLANs on R7800/R900 series routers or ProSafe (business) series are required?

For the UBI / mtd errors I have reset settings many times during different firmwares testing and as found in older posts - I have disabled Traffic Meter and all ECC errors for "netgear" were gone after reboot...
VLAN on stock/Voxel firmware is meant for specific services, as you mentioned. It's not a full blown VLAN option, so no

VLAN on stock/Voxel firmware is meant for specific services, as you mentioned. It's not a full blown VLAN option, so no
I thought that maybe with some additional "entware" packages it will be possible... ;)

I have found a strange information in the "dmesg" log:

wlan_bsteering_measure_chan_util: Already waiting for utilization, VAP is not ready, or bsschan is invalid on interface aa:bb::cc:dd:ee: cda01100

(mac address changed - it was MAC of my 2,4Ghz wifi )

After investigation I have found on other forums that this was related to wifi scheduling (that was not enabled on my router) so I have enabled it and than disabled it and the errors were gone... for 24h only

Today I have logged into my router to make sure no errors and found 4 occurrences of the same error...
I cannot find anything for such error on our forum so question if anyone had experienced such errors?

When this error occuring I get my mobile devices disconnected from 2,4Ghz network and no such errors (and no disconnects) for 5Ghz network.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!