What's new

Custom firmware build for R9000/R8900 v. 1.0.4.40HF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

As I said, it is the same behavior as with 64 gig flash drive, it worked only when I formatted from router shell. Also I tried ddwrt, and it could mount this HDD w/o problems. But pppoe auth just refuses to work there. Your fw works with pppoe, but cannot mount HDD. Magic circle :)

But what happened during this time (four weeks)? What firmware was flashed?

Voxel.

Upgraded to 1.0.4.39.1HF from your previous version. I became aware of the problem after this upgrade and tried different things like going to the official firmware and tested some previous versions of your firmware.

Also tried to downgrade the ES8 because Ubiquiti released a new switch firmware a day after you released 1.0.4.39.1HF.

At the wireless level tried switching channels without luck, now I get asymmetric performance from my R9000 and I don't know where to look. I looked to the load charge with procps-ng-top and the router don't get overloaded running the tests.

I live in a rural area with very low RF interference level so it don't seems to be the matter.

As I said, it is the same behavior as with 64 gig flash drive, it worked only when I formatted from router shell. Also I tried ddwrt, and it could mount this HDD w/o problems. But pppoe auth just refuses to work there. Your fw works with pppoe, but cannot mount HDD. Magic circle :)

There is the special option should be used when formatting by ext4. Check my README.

Code:
mkfs.ext4 -L optware -O ^64bit /dev/sda1

i.e. "-O ^64bit". My flash drive 64GB is formatted by command above and it works...

Voxel.

i.e. "-O ^64bit". My flash drive 64GB is formatted by command above and it works...
I converted HDD to 32bit-mode, and it didn't help. Also inserted usb flash has 64bit feature, and it could be mounted.

These are the notable differences from 'tune2fs -l' command

HDD:
Filesystem flags: signed_directory_hash
Inodes per group: 4096
Inode blocks per group: 256

USB flash:
Filesystem flags: unsigned_directory_hash
Inodes per group: 8192
Inode blocks per group: 512

Very disappointing thing is that I can't see any errors anywhere so I can't debug further. Like wtf, tell me what is wrong, not just "mounting failed" :(

I must report back that I feel something positive happened with the router after Voxel v 1.39 and 1.40 . I feel a boost that everything been working more smooth after that update. Daily internet usage on phones and devices is better responding. And now as Kamojs beta testing is making a hell of progress I got that feel again after Kamoj version 5.2b2-2 was released. The router is accelerating. I understand that some of this could be placebo as I have no figures to show. But I think I can say that my network never been so responsive and as fast as it is now.

There is a great interest in your R9000 firmware. :)
I know since there are many more R9000 users than I ever thought that are beta testing my add-on.
R9000 users are enthusiasts!
So keep up the enormously good and popular work Voxel.
Manoj, thanks in advance for your add-on, may I ask you what's the latest release and where I can get it for R9000?

A question; I have been a bit careless with my router just now. I have felt really good about my router with Voxel firmware, Kamoj-addon and HELLO wORLDS firewall blacklist.

But I just went in a frenzy mode to try to fix entware and put in every command i could find.

Now when out of this stupid frenzy I feel i want back to the state it was before without eveything i might done with my commands.

Is it enough to use a back up file or should I do anything more to get the router to clean Voxel/Kamoj state with just HELLO wORLDS firewall-blocklist.

I too am having trouble accessing my HD over USB. It's NTFS. It has all my media for Plex, which is working...but I cannot browse to it from my PC. Is there anything I can check via terminal??

I ran a network trace while trying to make the connection and it appears as though port 445 (SMB) is getting reset.

First and foremost, big thank you to Voxel and your great work on R9000 and R7800.

So I've recently purchased an R9000, and noticed that the 5GHz Wifi access point disappears sometimes. Assumed that there's something wrong with the stock firmware, I installed Voxel's firmware, and the behaviour is the same. For troubleshooting purposes I disabled all access points except the 5GHz one, and behaviour is still the same.

I suspect it has something to do with the 160MHz mode. Can anyone else confirm?

So strange occurrence when upgrading from 1.0.4.39...When the router (R9000) came back up, WAN, LAN 1 and LAN 2 no longer work. Anyone seen that before? Been a long time user of Voxel's firmware and never had an issue before. Did my ports just give up the ghost coincidentally?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!