What's new

Custom firmware build for R9000 v. 1.0.2.41HF/1.0.2.41HF-HW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Voxel

Part of the Furniture
Continuation of:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r9000.40125/

New version of my custom firmware build: 1.0.2.41HF/1.0.2.41HF-HW).

Changes (vs 1.0.2.33HF):

1. sqlite package is upgraded 3190200->3190300.
2. uci package is upgraded 2016-07-04->2017-04-12.
3. confuse package is upgraded 3.0->3.2.
4. curl package is upraded 7.29.0->7.54.1.
5. expat package is upgraded 2.2.0->2.2.2
6. bridge-utils package is upgraded 1.5->1.6.
7. libsodium package is upgraded 1.0.12->1.0.13.
8. dnscrypt-resolvers.csv is updated.
9. Host tools: two components are upgraded to most recent versions.
10. cryptodev-linux package is added (HW version, OpenSSL hardware acceleration).
11. OpenSSL is changed to support hardware acceleration (HW version).
12. Changes from the stock 1.0.2.40 are integrated to this release.
13. ReadyCLOUD version is changed from 20161111 to 20170214
14. Some other changes/improvements.

Difference 1.0.2.41HF-HW vs 1.0.2.41HF: “HW” version means hardware acceleration of OpenSSL. Thanks to jrfaulkin for additional testing.

The link is:

http://www.voxel-firmware.com

No reset is needed to upgrade from my previous versions.

Voxel.

Last edited:
Are you going to ad this "HW" to the R7800 FW as well?

Is there any benefit to using the none HW version? What reason would someone have to not use the HW version?

Is there any benefit to using the none HW version? What reason would someone have to not use the HW version?

Usual HF version is some kind of insurance, if something is wrong with HF-HW version. I do not think so, all tests show that is is very stable, but... Errare humanum est.

If you do not use OpenVPN, it does not matter: what version to use.

Voxel.

Hopefully Netgear follows your example Voxel and actually have a more updated package base and optimizations.

So I can confirm that DFS is still broken as it was with the original Netgear .40 and the Netgear beta firmware.

Could somebody check DFS with this version? Different regions/countries, different settings...

Voxel.

Hi Voxel

Running 1.0.2..41HF-HW and its working like a dream :)

Couple of small bugs though:

1) As others have said DFS channels are still not working (i am in UK)

2) I've also noticed that under advanced>security>block sites if i put in any URL to block, then i can still access that website, eg www.bbc.co.uk/news. Its seems its broken!

Cheers
Psycho

Hi Psycho

Thanks for info. As I said I do not promise they will be working: it is Netgear's internals, let's wait they unblock them.

2) I've also noticed that under advanced>security>block sites if i put in any URL to block, then i can still access that website, eg www.bbc.co.uk/news. Its seems its broken!

OK, I'll check. Did not you try the same with a stock?

Voxel.

ReadyCloud gives me

"Access to this resource is forbidden"

Regards

Hi Voxel

Running 1.0.2..41HF-HW and its working like a dream :)

Couple of small bugs though:

Cheers
Psycho

That's on Netgear's end. They won't fix it, https websites won't work according to Netgear and some other types as well I believe. I complained about this in a beta test while back.

That's on Netgear's end. They won't fix it, https websites won't work according to Netgear

Not much they can do about it, since the data seen by the router is encrypted, so it cannot determine what URL you are trying to access. The same limitation also often applies to websites supporting gzip compression.

That's on Netgear's end. They won't fix it, https websites won't work according to Netgear and some other types as well I believe. I complained about this in a beta test while back.
Thanks, in that case Netgear should remove the option to block URLs if they can't/won't make it work.

@Voxel
Probably a long shot but could you make this feature (blocking URLs) work in your firmware even though its broken on stock fw?
Cheers

Last edited:
ReadyCloud gives me

"Access to this resource is forbidden"

Regards

Yes, really, you are right. As I found one from *.htm file had to be set as "executable" in Netgear's GPL... Strange logic, but OK, I have to release fix version. Please wait some time.

Voxel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!