What's new

Custom firmware build for R9000 v. 1.0.2.54HF/1.0.2.54HF-HW & 1.0.3.7HF/1.0.3.7HF-HW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Apologies for not dropping in sooner, but I noticed a bug in this release and the last one. On the WebGui - ReadyShare/Advanced Settings;

You cannot make any changes on this page.. well, you can, but the GUI APPLY button does not work to apply the setting.

livefeed - I have several devices and I rarely if ever get drops.. could it be your device? I'd test with other devices...

Apologies for not dropping in sooner, but I noticed a bug in this release and the last one. On the WebGui - ReadyShare/Advanced Settings;

You cannot make any changes on this page.. well, you can, but the GUI APPLY button does not work to apply the setting.

I see... Thank you for reporting. Bug is easy to fix, but it spoils functionality (i.e. serious), so I have to release 1.0.3.8HF(-HW) soon (moreover I was able to recover problem with AD band, so...).

Voxel.

Yup, less than an hour and its drops......... I give up with NetGEAR.

BTW, IMO you should try to disable "Implicit BEAMFORMING" in advanced wireless settings. And to check if no drops with this option OFF.

Voxel.

as of now I have "Enable Smart Connect" on and "Implicit BEAMFORMING" off so let's see.. will post back.

I tried to switch away from the R9000 based on all the nice features of the RT2600ac from Synology.

Unfortunately the Synology doesn’t pick up my native IPv6 like the Netgear, it’s 5ghz WiFi is erratic, and the R9000 with Voxels firmware just crushes it in speed overall.

I tried to switch away from the R9000 based on all the nice features of the RT2600ac from Synology.

You know, R9000 (from point of view re: hardware) is very attractive. Not reasonable (IMO) high price, but I like its power. AD is not really needed, but it is included, so...

And regarding Synology: I briefly checked firmware: also not all capabilities of hardware is used in the stock fw.

Voxel.

Well I’m still trying to get rid of it. I have Ubiquiti now for my switch and access points and cloud key. Going to install the security gateway pro tomorrow.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!