What's new

Custom firmware build for R9000 v. 1.0.4.27HF/1.0.4.27HF-HW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am trying to SSH using PuTTY, but it comes up with this same error everytime:
"Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)"
You have to setup ssh access by authorization keys. Current settings of dropbear do no allow entering by the password. See Appendix A in my README.

Found this command which helped me to completely stop it by:
"/etc/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy-2 stop" and then "/etc/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy-2 disable"

Just wondering if this is normal ? As far as I read, it should be disabled by running only the first command ?
No, it is not normal. setting dnscryptproxy2 to 0 should work. Check it by

Code:
nvram get  dnscrypt2

after reboot. It works in my R9000.

Voxel.

Give me some more time to further test your firmware, but expect a donation from me. I have no interest in donating towards you buying another router (giving you more work lol). I'm thinking more of a case of beer, bottle of wine, or a nice dinner.
Thanks, beer is what I like ;-)

Voxel.

I never used this function before, but I tried it and I'm having the same issue as you. Netgear recently released stock 1.0.4.28 and that worked fine, so you're gonna have to ask @Voxel about what changes he did from stock to this.
Thanks for you report. Of course I have the plans to include latest stock changes into next release.

Voxel.

@Voxel what version of igmpproxy comes with Entware tools? is the same like this link https://github.com/pali/igmpproxy/releases ?

If so, does this version supports IGMP v3?

thanks in advance for your reply
I really do not know all the packages in Entware. Regarding concrete igmpproxy from Entware, its version is 0.2.1 i.e. latest. But I am not aware any specific of this package, like IGMP v3, sorry. If latest official version supports it then yes.

Entware package list:

https://voxel-firmware.com/Downloads/Voxel/html/entware.html

so from there:

Code:
igmpproxy 0.2.1-4 net IGMPproxy is a simple dynamic Multicast Routing Daemon using only IGMP signalling (Internet Group Management Protocol).

Voxel.

Dear Voxel

Are there any default scripts to reset and rewrite on crontab? After I edited crontab, it works fine. Days or weeks later, when I check crontab, it come back to original scripts.

0 2 * * * 11k_scan &
12 03 * * * /TM/QoSControl auto_update
*/10 * * * * sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

Do you have any idea why scripts come back to original one? Which task we should keep in crontab? Thanks in advance.

Dear Voxel

Are there any default scripts to reset and rewrite on crontab? After I edited crontab, it works fine. Days or weeks later, when I check crontab, it come back to original scripts.

0 2 * * * 11k_scan &
12 03 * * * /TM/QoSControl auto_update
*/10 * * * * sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

Do you have any idea why scripts come back to original one? Which task we should keep in crontab? Thanks in advance.
Use your own cronjob since Netgear restart/reset the ordinary one sometimes.
Look here for examples:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/h...ile-with-dnscrypt-proxy-v2.49803/#post-446156
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...ther-log-related-questions.49535/#post-442575

You have to setup ssh access by authorization keys. Current settings of dropbear do no allow entering by the password. See Appendix A in my README.

No, it is not normal. setting dnscryptproxy2 to 0 should work. Check it by

Code:
nvram get  dnscrypt2

after reboot. It works in my R9000.

Voxel.

Thanks for your reply Voxel.

You are absolutely right, all the instructions to set SSH access are at Readme file on your web site.

Regarding to how to disable DNSCrypt, I tried to do by setting it to "0" as I mentioned before, but still was enable after rebooting.
Only way I found to completely disable was doing "/etc/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy-2 stop" and then "/etc/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy-2 disable".
No problem for me to do that, but maybe I can help you by fixing an issue that might be present somewhere ?

Cheers, A.

Regarding to how to disable DNSCrypt, I tried to do by setting it to "0" as I mentioned before, but still was enable after rebooting.
It just cannot be. I checked again. Loot at the part of code for dnscrypt-2 init script:

Code:
. . .
CONFIG=/bin/config
DNSCRYPTPROXY2_ON=$($CONFIG get dnscrypt2)
. . .
start() {
    # Check if dnscrypt-proxy-2 is enabled
    if [ ! "$DNSCRYPTPROXY2_ON" == "1" ]; then
        echo "DNSCrypt-Proxy-2 is not enabled in nvram. Exit."
        exit 1
    fi
. . .

So if it is is not set as "1" in nvram script stops running.

Maybe you did some typo misprint? Not "set dnscrypt2=1"?

Check this:
Code:
nvram show | grep dnscrypt

Voxel.

Maybe you are both right, but using different words for same thing? :)
  • Daemon Enabled:
    (The scripts in /etc/init.d/ directory are used to start, stop, or restart the Linux system daemons.
    To be started it must first be enabled)
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy-2 enabled && echo ENABLED || echo DISABLED
    ENABLED
  • NVRAM Activated:
    Code:
    [ "$(nvram get dnscrypt2)" = "1" ] && echo ACTIVATED || echo NOT ACTIVATED
    ACTIVATED
  • Process Running/Started/Active:
    Code:
    ps | grep -v grep | grep dnscrypt-proxy-2 >/dev/null && echo RUNNING || echo NOT RUNNING
    RUNNING

It just cannot be. I checked again. Loot at the part of code for dnscrypt-2 init script:

Code:
. . .
CONFIG=/bin/config
DNSCRYPTPROXY2_ON=$($CONFIG get dnscrypt2)
. . .
start() {
    # Check if dnscrypt-proxy-2 is enabled
    if [ ! "$DNSCRYPTPROXY2_ON" == "1" ]; then
        echo "DNSCrypt-Proxy-2 is not enabled in nvram. Exit."
        exit 1
    fi
. . .

So if it is is not set as "1" in nvram script stops running.

Maybe you did some typo misprint? Not "set dnscrypt2=1"?

Check this:
Code:
nvram show | grep dnscrypt

Voxel.

Maybe you are both right, but using different words for same thing? :)
  • Daemon Enabled:
    (The scripts in /etc/init.d/ directory are used to start, stop, or restart the Linux system daemons.
    To be started it must first be enabled)

This daemon is enabled by default I mean. And the commands nvram set dnscrypt2=0; nvram commit should disable dnscrypt-proxy-2 startup. So I do not see an issue with this,,,

Voxel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!