What's new

D-link dap-1562

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

slimoli

Occasional Visitor
I am very much interested in this AP/Bridge but there are no professional reviews yet. Basicaly, I wonder if I can replace my 200 Mbps powerline network with a pair of DAP-1562 and get at least twice the throughput. I can get now around 35 Mbps real throughput with my PLK300 but need a bit more to assure flawless HD streaming from my NAS. Any comment appreciated.

Is MoCA an option? Mine's around 60-70Mbps at the IP layer (net yield).

Wireless is always the last resort!

Beware raw bit rates (on the medium, wired or wireless) versus the net IP layer rates. With 802.11 WiFi the difference is about 0.6 or so. Much better with other/wired mediums. I've not used IP over power line, but I'd worry about noise on the power line coming and going.

Last edited:
I have already too many splitters on my coax lines , I would rather try the 500 Mbps Powerlines , hoping for 70-80 Mbps real throughput. I agree wireless should be the last resort but this DAP-1562 seems to be much faster than conventional N gear. Thanks.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!