What's new

D-Link DIR-825 Vs. Linksys WRT610N

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kontrolakka

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm going to buy a new router to my house and after searching and reading I've ended up with two finalist for my decision.

1) D-Link DIR-825
2) Linksys WRT610N

Without taking into account the prices (as they are similar), which router do you think is the best one and why?

Thanks a lot for all your help!

Martin

The 610N uses a Broadcom chipset and the 825 uses Atheros. I'm seeing very few new designs using Broadcom and more using Atheros.

See the comparison table in the DIR-825 review for a performance comparison.

The DIR-825 doesn't use the Ubicom processor, so doesn't have the automatic uplink QoS that other D-Link's have.

No clear winner. Ya pays your money and takes your choice.

It's really unfortunate that there's not any good competition for the Linksys 610 in the dual band, dual radio N segment. I may just have to break down and buy one.

Don't rule out the products with 10/100 ports. A $35 5 port Gigabit switch can fix that easily.

Thank you all for your help.

I've been using the d-link dgl-4300 for around 2 years and I'm very happy of it.

Thanks why I tend to prefer a d-link over linksys.

My DGL-4300 has been more reliable than the DIR-655 [A4] that I tried to replace it with. I shut off the radio one day after it was in use only a few months and I can't turn it back on. Reflashing didn't help.

Why are you looking to replace the DGL-4300?

Thank you all for your help.

I've been using the d-link dgl-4300 for around 2 years and I'm very happy of it.

Thanks why I tend to prefer a d-link over linksys.

I love my DGL-4300!! This is why I purchased the 4500 and also why I was so disappointed when the realization was made that D-link had let the DGL line be plagued by defective Firmware. Was so glad to get rid of that PoS router.

My DGL-4300 has been more reliable than the DIR-655 [A4] that I tried to replace it with. I shut off the radio one day after it was in use only a few months and I can't turn it back on. Reflashing didn't help.

Why are you looking to replace the DGL-4300?

I'm going to live alone and I need to buy a new router :D
That's why I'm have to buy a new one.
I have two n notebooks, that's another reason why I'm searching for a different router.

Thanks for your help!

I'm not an expert but I had continuous problems establishing connections between various computers on my LAN using D-Link wireless router products. I thought it had to be a router problem so I tried the entire lineup and they all failed to discover the other computers on my network.

When the WRT610N came out I tried it and I had instantaneous connection to all wireless devices. I have never looked back, it worked like a charm.

I don't understand why the D-Link routers had so much trouble finding the different computers on my LAN. This was about a year ago and maybe firmware has changed, but D-Link put me through a lot of trouble.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!