What's new

D-Link DIR-868L Wireless AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The ipv6 support on this thing is a joke. DHCPD is not working properly, I have to restart it about 5 times to get it working.

Firmware 1.02 is buggy with IPv6 but 1.04 has been really stable for me.

I'm still on 1.01b05, no other version for eastern Europe. I have tried na 1.02 but no difference.
Does it have hardware nat ? I hope it can deal with 1000 mbps pppoe, or at least 900+; I chose this model considering the hardware, hoping it can handle high speed pppoe.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try the newer fw in a few weeks, even if it will mess up my wireless channels.

Edit : I'm on fw 1.04, they have done exactly sh*t for ipv6..., i have the same errors in logs, i have to do the same tricks to get an address (restart dhcpd with ULA enabled, and disable-it after that)

Edit 2 : With pppoe goes up to 380 mbps, very disappointed. Useless pos.

Last edited:
Let me better explain my situation.... I have a MybookLive NAS connected on the local network. It has a feature that does backups (called Safepoint) to an external device. Currently my R6300 has a 750GB USB drive connected which when setting up this Safepoint backup finds the READYSHARE USB. In the 6300 UI there is a setting in the USB section for Workgroup. If that is not set to the same setting as in the NAS (Workgroup) the Safepoint will not see it on the LAN, hence no backup can be done.

I need this functionality on the 868L.

I am contemplating buying this router. I am a bit confused... So does it have Samba shares or not? I have a Netgear 3400 router with ReadyShare . I have hooked up a 1 tb USB 3 drive on it with all my HD media and stuff. I access it using my phone through ES File Explorer under LAN. I have mounted it on my desktop as Z. I fear this Dlink with be able to do it...:eek:

Dear Tim Higgins

I bought one of these routers DLInk DIR 868L. The problem is that only the speed 250megabits, I've really slow in 1000 megabit net.
What can i do to fix this problem. Without router my net speed is 980megabits, with router 250megabits.

Thanks the answers.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!