What's new

day light savings start and end months by hemisphere

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pete y testing

Very Senior Member
hi guys

strange thing here with all of the asus routers is that even though the time zone is set the start and end months for day light savings are still set to northern hemisphere , in my case the time zone is specific to east coast of australia only

i shouldnt be hard to specify in the coding that if in that time zone day light savings is set for southern hemisphere and thus the clock is correct

just a little thing but one that needs addressing

pete

You can change the start/end month and day to whatever you want.

Mine the end month is always wrong so I change the month.

You can change the start/end month and day to whatever you want.

yes i know that , what im saying is dls should be tied to region so if you set it to a region in the southern hemisphere the dls automatically swaps to 10 month start and 3 month finish

what im saying is that because the actual time zone is region specific then the dls should also be reflective of the region

eg im set to melbourne time zone wise yet the dls is still starting in march and finishing in october which is backwards for us

the tzdata drop is updated fairly regular like...