What's new

dd-wrt for RT-AC87R

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

New release is running perfectly on my RT-AC87. Page loads are much faster than
the Stock latest beta releases.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/06-01-2015-r27147/asus-rt-ac87u/

CC

New release is running perfectly on my RT-AC87. Page loads are much faster than
the Stock latest beta releases.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/06-01-2015-r27147/asus-rt-ac87u/

CC
I have read that also from others elsewhere, and am starting to get annoyed again with stock, I now have printer (connected to 2.4) and 2.4GHz problems with stock.

I will try the latest stock just released, but from some it has issues already.

I may switch back to dd-wrt, how is 2.4 with it? stock now sucks big time, they fix most 5 GHz problems and now have 2.4.

This is absolutely my biggest mistake in a purchased router in my history of routers.

I have read that also from others elsewhere, and am starting to get annoyed again with stock, I now have printer (connected to 2.4) and 2.4GHz problems with stock.

I will try the latest stock just released, but from some it has issues already.

I may switch back to dd-wrt, how is 2.4 with it? stock now sucks big time, they fix most 5 GHz problems and now have 2.4.

This is absolutely my biggest mistake in a purchased router in my history of routers.

2.4 working fine.....Give it a shot and report back.

CC

Just installed for my friend tonight
07-09-2015-r27506-asus-rt-ac87u
dd-wrt
As of today, still no more issues, now just to see how long it lasts without reboot.
Seems to be the best (stable) firmware out there as of today.

I added the flash back to asus, in bold for those to know how.
If something is missing please let me know.To the first post.

I edited the first post to hopefully make things easy for everyone, Please advise if good or what needs fixing.
Thanks

Last edited:
ok i am so new to all this. been reading and reading but the more i read the more confused i get lol. i am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/01/15) std - build 26635. having issues with wireless streaming to firestick and my cell phone to. any pointers you guys can give? i bought this router from flashrouters and trying to get support is insane.

ok i am so new to all this. been reading and reading but the more i read the more confused i get lol. i am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/01/15) std - build 26635. having issues with wireless streaming to firestick and my cell phone to. any pointers you guys can give? i bought this router from flashrouters and trying to get support is insane.
I am using 7-9-2015 Version as other are, here is a link to it for now as the ftp servers seem to be down on dd-wrt
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4vy245xbitvjfh/asus_rt-ac87u-firmware.trx?dl=0
I am using my settings on page 1 post 1, its actually extremely stable.
I do have the power on both bands at 300mv, from what I have been told Asus had the power level on these routers at over double that, until a law suit was filed from a competitor.

I am using 7-9-2015 Version as other are, here is a link to it for now as the ftp servers seem to be down on dd-wrt
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4vy245xbitvjfh/asus_rt-ac87u-firmware.trx?dl=0
I am using my settings on page 1 post 1, its actually extremely stable.
I do have the power on both bands at 300mv, from what I have been told Asus had the power level on these routers at over double that, until a law suit was filed from a competitor.
my router is the ac87r is that different from the u or can it be used

thank you sir. gonna flash that puppy right now and get this wireless fixed.
-If my settings don't work try to re flash with reset to factory defaults.
-If that does not work clear the nvram form telnet. then flash with reset to factory defaults.
----(You can clear the nvram first (don't reboot), then just go into the GUI and flash with reset to factory defaults)

more settings to try also
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/dd...eriously-consider-it.26024/page-3#post-195917

flashed it now i gonna test it out. have to redo all. i cleared everything just incase. i use my amazon fire stick a lot and at first i thought it was my streaming but tested it at a friends house and it works fine so must be something i doing wrong with router. tried on 2.4 and 5 ghz and same thing. even my iphone 6 plus been sluggish so hopefully this did the trick.

-If my settings don't work try to re flash with reset to factory defaults.
-If that does not work clear the nvram form telnet. then flash with reset to factory defaults.
----(You can clear the nvram first (don't reboot), then just go into the GUI and flash with reset to factory defaults)

more settings to try also
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/dd...eriously-consider-it.26024/page-3#post-195917
Thank you very much. Seems to have worked perfectly..

BAD butt NOTE 4 & LG G4

Thank you very much. Seems to have worked perfectly..

BAD butt NOTE 4 & LG G4
Glad to hear:)

This is the best we are going to get for now, until new 5GHz drivers come out, in 1-2 months, hopefully it gets perfect then, I still get a drop every now and then with my samsung TV streaming, I have not seen it on any other device though.
I was liking some direction Asus was going with their firmware but other stuff was breaking.
Maybe someday merlin will get a hold of perfect drivers and make one hell of a perfect firmware version, until then dd-wrt is best for now.

Which version is safest to load out of all the available on Beta FTP site as far as stability is concerned?

I gave up with asus routers.

I would go with the latest version to start.

I think I'm going to try a DD-WRT build. Not sure what version yet. So if you have one that's rock solid let me know. I don't use any USB/Printer connections. Printer is ran off one of the Ethernet cables on the router.