What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dr.Mxyztplk

Occasional Visitor
I'm currently trying to work around internet outage issues & when trying to use a USB phone-modem for internet I noticed on the [Network Map] page where it's saying it's connected (even though it can't be used) there's an icon next to the DDNS Name that looks like a Padlock with the securement bar shining & an Exclamation Point over it...

Asus AC68U DDNS Lock!.jpg

I looked it up & I found some references to JUST an Exclamation Point but those are also on a different page.

When moving the mouse cursor over the icon it gives me the finger cursor, indicating it's a link, but clicking does nothing. A restart gives no changes.

Now, I know my internet is currently unavailable, so I'm sure the icon is telling me that in some way, &, for some reason, the router says it's connected even though my access point is blinking red, indicating no internet & devices hit a "This site can't be reached" for any address, even NeverSSL (when the internet is out due to usage being over any http goes to the modem login page so the router & Access Point act as though there is internet access)

This isn't a major issue, more of a curiosity, but does anyone know what that icon means?

Also is there an Icon Index for Merlin anywhere? It'd be nice to be able to look it up, but I couldn't find one

It’s an overlap between the Let’s Encrypt logo and the notification exclamation point for a DDNS failure.

It’s an overlap between the Let’s Encrypt logo and the notification exclamation point for a DDNS failure.
That makes perfect sense, the shining lock is "Encrypted by Let's Encrypt" & the ❕is failure. thanks for that. couldn't see the forest for the trees.

I imagine the ddns is complaining you have a private ip on your wan interface so your reasons for having ddns may not function as expected.

I imagine the ddns is complaining you have a private ip on your wan interface so your reasons for having ddns may not function as expected.
Naw, my regular setup is under a triple-NAT & works fine. Unfortunately the other half of the duplex & I have gone over our 1.2TB monthly limit so the internet is off. But as I need internet I've been trying to get it going with different work-arounds, but my main phone is on a grandfathered Cricket plan (20/month per line) & adding tethering to a line will "upgrade" us to a modern plan & $60/per line/per month, so that's not an option.
My other line, for my car, only has 4GB/month before slowing to dialup speeds & the wired tethering doesn't work on it at all. So until the 6th I'm going to have to find a power outlet close enough to a Starbucks to sit at from 11pm-7am each night... Because I have given up, lol.

& don't ask why it's a triple-NAT, not just a double, I don't actually know, getting it to work was annoying until I realized.