What's new

DDNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ng4ever

Regular Contributor
If I enable DDNS will my main ip address still work to connect to things if I decide to use it instead? Highly doubtful I will use my ip address to connect to things unless it is on one of my devices only still highly doubtful.

Just curious if turning on DDNS makes only the DDNS address work now ?

The *ONLY* thing DDNS does is allow you access your device (router) by using a name (it provides a link between the name and IP). This is an "addon" in the sense that everything else is 100% the same.

It is primarily intended for systems where your IP address could change (dynamic) but can be used in any situation whereby you want to use a name instead of an IP.

The *ONLY* thing DDNS does is allow you access your device (router) by using a name (it provides a link between the name and IP). This is an "addon" in the sense that everything else is 100% the same.

It is primarily intended for systems where your IP address could change (dynamic) but can be used in any situation whereby you want to use a name instead of an IP.

Thank you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!