What's new

Desktop PC Ethernet halves 5GHz WiFi throughput...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The thing is that the PC Ethernet throughput was spot on when speed tests were run. I can’t understand why when thePC was OK, WiFi wasn’t. It wasn’t that the WiFi stopped working or disconnected, just the throughput dropped like a stone.

Thanks for asking. Is is a water infection that made his dementia MUCH worse. Didn’t even know how to wiggle his toes when Dr asked. Sounds bloody stupid to someone without dementia. But that’s the reality. Awful. Anyway, antibiotics have kicked in and things at getting back to normal.

The thing is that the PC Ethernet throughput was spot on when speed tests were run. I can’t understand why when thePC was OK, WiFi wasn’t. It wasn’t that the WiFi stopped working or disconnected, just the throughput dropped like a stone.
Glad to hear that your dad is getting back to “normal”.

The Ethernet connection was probably 1 Gbps so your test only used ⅕ of available bandwidth on Ethernet. Whatever the NIC was doing to slow down WiFi had little impact on Ethernet.

Thanks for asking. Is is a water infection that made his dementia MUCH worse. Didn’t even know how to wiggle his toes when Dr asked.
Sorry to hear about your dad. I had exactly the same thing happen when my mother-in-law developed dementia. It's a cruel disease.:(

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!