What's new

Desperately need advice on upgrading my slow mixed network (SRP541W)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry, I don't know your local retailers. I'm in Canada. Someone from the US may help you with that.

I ran a TP-Link small business router way back. There are posts on here about it. Things never worked and they outdate the hardware before it was fixed. The main reason I bought it was because I wanted a rack mount unit. I would never run another TP-Link device.

Cisco small business switches are still the best out there in its class.

I can agree it is time for a new router. I want one that never needs to be reset except when you up grade it. My 2017 Cisco router still is doing great, a lot better than other 2017 routers. Tech9 you have the date wrong again.

And by the way Tech9 Cisco sold Linksys years before the Cisco RV340 router came out. You need to get your story straight.

Last edited:
Tech9 you have the date wrong again.

I rarely have something wrong. Cisco first released RV345P and RV340W in Jun 2016, then the cheaper RV340 in Feb 2017.

You need to get your story straight.

Cisco RV series are Linksys design, from before Cisco sold Linksys to Belkin in 2013. Even the UI design language is similar to Linksys LRT224.

@coxhaus, please don't give advice to people before you know what you are talking about. You have missed a lot of things in technology. Thank you!

The Cisco UI interface was completely redone in 2018. It does not look like an old Linksys. I know what the old Linksys old routers looked like as I have owned at least a couple. I still have one of them.

I just looked back through firmware fixes for the LRT224 and they don't seem to match Cisco's firmware fixes.

PS
I looked on Cisco's web site and release date for the Cisco RV345 is 2017 the same as the Cisco RV340 router as I stated above.

Last edited:
I looked on Cisco's web site and release date for the Cisco RV345 is 2017 the same as the Cisco RV340 router as I stated above.
Cisco first released RV345P and RV340W in Jun 2016

Look again and read carefully. I even provided a link for you:
Why we even have this conversation? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!