What's new

Devices not connecting to internet with RT-AX82U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

abhiroopb

New Around Here
I'm having a really strange issue. I have a RT-AX82U with about 30 devices on 2.4Ghz and 7 on 5Ghz. Most devices don't have any issue. However, when I am reconnecting to the WiFi my devices are having a problem connecting to the internet. Some examples of issues I've seen:
  1. One of my Nest cameras keeps disconnecting (says it's offline) when connected to 2.4Ghz (all other cameras have no problems)
  2. Sometimes my other Google Home devices disconnect, but restarting them work (this is maybe once a week, so very infrequent)
  3. When I try and connect my laptop to the 5Ghz network it says "connected but not internet". When I disable the wifi, reenable, and then connect to the same network again it works
  4. Same as (2) happens on my Android phone
  5. When I try and connect my laptop to a LAN network (using ethernet) it doesn't connect. When I unplug and plug the cable back in it works again
Most devices that are constantly connected (e.g. lights) are having no problems at all and since the devices are spread out the issue is likely to be the router it says.

I've searched a lot and tried configuring different settings. Nothing seems to work.

I'm having a really strange issue. I have a RT-AX82U with about 30 devices on 2.4Ghz and 7 on 5Ghz. Most devices don't have any issue. However, when I am reconnecting to the WiFi my devices are having a problem connecting to the internet. Some examples of issues I've seen:
  1. One of my Nest cameras keeps disconnecting (says it's offline) when connected to 2.4Ghz (all other cameras have no problems)
  2. Sometimes my other Google Home devices disconnect, but restarting them work (this is maybe once a week, so very infrequent)
  3. When I try and connect my laptop to the 5Ghz network it says "connected but not internet". When I disable the wifi, reenable, and then connect to the same network again it works
  4. Same as (2) happens on my Android phone
  5. When I try and connect my laptop to a LAN network (using ethernet) it doesn't connect. When I unplug and plug the cable back in it works again
Most devices that are constantly connected (e.g. lights) are having no problems at all and since the devices are spread out the issue is likely to be the router it says.

I've searched a lot and tried configuring different settings. Nothing seems to work.

Did it all work ok once upon a time?

Does the Nest camera work from a different location?

Got a spare router you can swap in to see if it all works again ok?

The laptop on Ethernet should just work. Something odd is at play.

Have you reset the firmware recently?

OE

Did it all work ok once upon a time?

Does the Nest camera work from a different location?

Got a spare router you can swap in to see if it all works again ok?

The laptop on Ethernet should just work. Something odd is at play.

Have you reset the firmware recently?

OE
Thanks for your quick response!

So one thing I want to clarify is that all my devices eventually connect. That is to say, it may say "not connected" but once I disable/re-enable the WiFi my device is able to once again reconnect.

The issue I'm seeing with some of my devices (including 5Ghz, 2.4Ghz, and my laptop on ethernet) is that it doesn't always automatically connect.

I did do a firmware upgrade about a month ago, but I also did a full reset after that. I'm wondering if there is a WiFi Basic or Professional setting thati s causing a problem?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!