What's new

Dgl-4500 + Wpc600n = ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FromAtoN

New Around Here
I have a D-Link DGL-4500 and DWA-160s (Rev A and B). They're running 5GHz, WPA2, AES and all have the latest firmware and having different speed, disconnect issues on XP Pro SP3.

Do you think a Linksys WPC600N would be a better choice than the D-link USB lineup of 5GHz adapters with the DGL-4500? Any internal testing with all of these together?

I had problems when using the DWA-160 and the DIR-855. Ended up using the Netgear WNDA3100. It is essentially a copy of the DWA-160, using the same Atheros AR9170 MAC/BB and AR9104 Dual-band 2x2 MIMO radio, but, apparently, better drivers.

Thanks

Thanks for quick reply. I was hoping for a cardbus adapter to replace the USB adapters. I wound up returning the old A rev for a B rev and now have two Bs. Thought some changes on the router would make the Bs behave better but I'm still at a less than optimal position.

Anyone else?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!