What's new

Solved DHCP range question.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DJones

Very Senior Member
IMG_0051.jpeg

Noticed in my logs some extra dhcp ranges, and I’m not sure what they are associated with. 192.168.1.3 — 192.168.1.254 is correct the rest I have no idea why they are there. Multicast?.. no or VPN server perhaps? I’m not using the vpn server so it shouldn’t be that and usually is within the 10.x.x.x range.

Last edited:
From some brief googling it looks to be from the guest network? Even though it’s not enabled. Yazfi isn’t installed.

Noticed in my logs some extra dhcp ranges, and I’m not sure what they are associated with.
Standard and expected behavior with the Asus firmware. The 192.168.101.x, .102.x and possibly .103.x are used by the Asus firmware; primarily it appears for Guest WiFi. Do a forum search and you'll find a number of past discussions on those IP addresses. Some involve YazFi users who inadvertently try to use those Asus Guest WiFi address ranges which causes problems with YazFi.

https://www.snbforums.com/search/973266/?q=192.168.101&o=relevance

Yes it's reserved for the Asus guest networks.

Standard and expected behavior with the Asus firmware. The 192.168.101.x, .102.x and possibly .103.x are used by the Asus firmware; primarily it appears for Guest WiFi. Do a forum search and you'll find a number of past discussions on those IP addresses.

https://www.snbforums.com/search/973266/?q=192.168.101&o=relevance

That’s how I came across the answer. Just didn’t immediately find a answer until I put those ip ranges in search. (Google in this case) anyways just slight confusion since it wasn’t in use. Makes sense. Thanks for the confirmation.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!