What's new

Did Asus drop support for GT-AC5300?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dwadj

Regular Contributor
Hi All,

For all routers i see lots of firmware updates, even 386 RC3.
However for the GT-Ac5300, there's no update since May this year.
What is going on with Asus support for this one?
Did they drop support for the top of the line game router !
Even my old RT-ac68u is getting frequently updates.

1) that router is hardly the top of the line , it is now 4+ years old.

2) the last firmware is a 386 version .

GT-AC5300 firmware

3) If you take some time to read the forum there are already threads refering to problems ASUS has had this year and why firmware is slow to appear, Merlin couldn't produce anything for a long period of time for his firmware.

1) that router is hardly the top of the line , it is now 4+ years old.

2) the last firmware is a 386 version .

GT-AC5300 firmware

3) If you take some time to read the forum there are already threads refering to problems ASUS has had this year and why firmware is slow to appear, Merlin couldn't produce anything for a long period of time for his firmware.
Yes,

My mistake, it was the top of the line router but spec wise still very good. I also had the AX-11000 for some months, but that's even worse compared in wifi range and speed.
I know Asus had some issues, but all other routers have already gotten updates, but GT-AC5300 not, I'm using the latest beta i could find, 386_43576, for the moment, but still facing the know issues on 2.4Ghz (after some time no throughput anymore) and 2nd 5Ghz (high ping peaks and band disappears) band, and yes i did already do a lot of resetting, cycles, ....

Yes,

My mistake, it was the top of the line router but spec wise still very good. I also had the AX-11000 for some months, but that's even worse compared in wifi range and speed.
I know Asus had some issues, but all other routers have already gotten updates, but GT-AC5300 not, I'm using the latest beta i could find, 386_43576, for the moment, but still facing the know issues on 2.4Ghz (after some time no throughput anymore) and 2nd 5Ghz (high ping peaks and band disappears) band, and yes i did already do a lot of resetting, cycles, ....

The RT-AC86U 7/14 44470 firmware is not much ahead of the GT-AC5300 5/21 42643 firmware, and I suspect there are a lot more AC86Us in service.

Besides the current market delays, it has been said here that Asus is rewriting code to solve a license issue, so expect 'new code' when the next release drops.

If reverting to non-beta firmware does not help your issue, then consider the possibility the issue is hardware-related. If so, that's something you can $olve without waiting for Asus.

OE

Besides the current market delays, it has been said here that Asus is rewriting code to solve a license issue, so expect 'new code' when the next release drops.
They're not rewriting firmware code, only changing the way they are building the GPL archives. These changes will have zero impact on the firmware code itself.

They're not rewriting firmware code, only changing the way they are building the GPL archives. These changes will have zero impact on the firmware code itself.

Thanks for the correction... I apologize to the community for my misunderstanding.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!