What's new

Diversion Diversion - Blocking buttons on Forms?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TexasDave

Occasional Visitor
Happy holidays and all the best for 2021.

Is there any reason (or any way) Diversion could be stopping buttons on web forms from working?

I have had two sites this past week where the "submit" button is not working. I have tried multiple browsers, cleared cache, cookies, etc.

I have also turned Diversion on and off and it does seem to affect the site. I am in the UK and trying to book an appointment at Boots.The web page is the following:

It is a simple form to fill in but the CONTINUE button is not working? Thanks!

I have run into another site where Diversion is messing with a form:

I love Diversion but having it disable buttons and/or forms is not something I want to happen? Interested to understand what is happening here? Thanks!

Happy holidays and all the best for 2021.

Is there any reason (or any way) Diversion could be stopping buttons on web forms from working?

I have had two sites this past week where the "submit" button is not working. I have tried multiple browsers, cleared cache, cookies, etc.

I have also turned Diversion on and off and it does seem to affect the site. I am in the UK and trying to book an appointment at Boots.The web page is the following:

It is a simple form to fill in but the CONTINUE button is not working? Thanks!
Probably not related to Diversion and instead your browser is blocking popups and redirects.

When I click that button, nothing happens. If I tail the dnsmasq log file and click on that button, nothing shows as blocked. If I change the setting on the webpage to allow popups and redirects (this being nothing to do with diversion), things go on to the booking page.

@elorimer - thanks for sanity checking!

Is the above true for both sites? Boots and Redber?

Thanks!

I can reproduce the issue and toggling Diversion on and off does seem to affect the signup at this page:

I have tried this on a few browsers....

Diversion is also blocking me from logging into my Experian UK account. When off - all is fine. When on, the system logs me in but hangs.

I have used Diversion for years with minimal issues and it is strange that I am being blocked so often recently.

I mean, if you are certain Diversion is the culprit, then the simple answer is to (F)ollow the DNSMasq log and start whitelisting. Ditto with Skynet.

Unfortunately for Redber I was successful in setting up a fake account. I don't think Diversion is the issue here.

Thanks @JaimeZX - I am pretty certain as I have tried multiple browsers (private and normal) and cleared cache / history. I can toggle Diversion on and off and the sites then work or do not work so not sure what else it can be.

The fact that you can get into Redber is bothersome but I have tried this numerous times and the signup form disappears (for me anyways) with Diversion on. As soon as I turn it off and refresh, they appear.

I will whitelist as suggested - I had forgotten you could do this. I will report back if that fixes it. Thanks again and happy 2021!

Are you using Pixelserv? Try to switch that off from Diversion and see if it work ... or uninstall the current Diversion and install the lite version ...

Are you using Pixelserv? Try to switch that off from Diversion and see if it work ... or uninstall the current Diversion and install the lite version ...
I'd be surprised. Lite sinkholes a request for a blocked site to 0.0.0.0 where it dies after a longish time. The standard version sends it to the pixelserv address which immediately responds with "one ping only", which now more often than not is rejected, but at least right away.

OT: From your signature, you are using Cake and FlexQos at the same time? I thought they were either/or.

Just try ... I had a similar issue and worked after I removed Pixelserv.
OT: I think I need to change my signature.
I am using them separate on 3 different routers.
Cake on AC86U and Flex on Ac68U

Tried a few things....Tried on FireFox Private Window:
  1. Go to the Coffee VIP CLub....Fails to show form fields....
  2. Disable pixelserv-tls. Refresh Window. Still fails.
  3. Re-enable pixelserv-tls. Refresh Window. Still fails (as expected).
  4. Disable ad-blocking (a). Refresh Window. All form fields shown.
  5. Reenable ad-blocking (a). Refresh Window. All form remain fields shown.
Same result doing this in Chrome (incognito window) and MS Edge (inPrivate WIndow).

Once it loads - it must drop a cookie someplace to enable it to keep working? Once I clear cookies the forms fields do not load.

I can see, by using developer mode in Chrome, that the cookie "https://c.sharethis.mgr.consensu.org" is added and then the fields show up.

Very stupid item to spend time on and obviously I worked around it. :)

Will look at the log files once I can get other to get off the home network later tonight. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!