What's new

Diversion for only some devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sbsnb

Very Senior Member
I would like to experiment with having only some devices on the LAN using diversion adblocker, but for other devices I want them to continue using the regular dnsmasq. I don't see any documentation to consult without installing first. Is it possible to have some devices using diversion and others using dnsmasq?

I tried searching for "diversion device" but didn't find anything.

I would like to experiment with having only some devices on the LAN using diversion adblocker, but for other devices I want them to continue using the regular dnsmasq. I don't see any documentation to consult without installing first. Is it possible to have some devices using diversion and others using dnsmasq?

I tried searching for "diversion device" but didn't find anything.
See https://diversion.ch/diversion/manual/alternate-blocking-file.html

Reactions: a5m
Diversion allows you to set up an alternate blocking list, but I don't see how to set up a second instance of Dnsmasq that doesn't use any blocking list (i.e., you can't select "none" for the alternate blocking list. Is there a way to have no blocking for the alternate Dnsmasq (Aside from maybe adding a wildcard to whitelist everything?)

edit - never mind, I think I figured out how to disable the blocking list. option b,1,2,2,3

I think if you use DNSFilter you can assign the device another IP for DNS, other than Router or your routers address. This will sidestep Diversion enteriley for that device only. When DNSFilter is in use anything other than Router I think results in Diversion not working.

I think if you use DNSFilter you can assign the device another IP for DNS, other than Router or your routers address. This will sidestep Diversion enteriley for that device only. When DNSFilter is in use anything other than Router I think results in Diversion not working.

Welcome back [mention]skeal [/mention]!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that works, but I still want the devices to go through the router to use DNS over TLS... just don't want any blocking on some of them. can't figure out how to get this done

that works, but I still want the devices to go through the router to use DNS over TLS... just don't want any blocking on some of them. can't figure out how to get this done
You can't do that with DNSFilter sorry. The alternate instance of DNSMasq and Filter file is probably the only answer here. Search the Diversion thread and ask for help there.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!