What's new

Diversion Diversion not working with local IPV6 DNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

captaink

Occasional Visitor
I could use some help getting Diversion to work when my local DNS is used over IPv6. Diversion works great when my clients use the IPv4 address for my router, but does not work via the IPv6 address. I have a fresh build AX58U running 386.1_2. Diversion (4.1.12) installed via AMTM (3.1.9). Both IPv4 and IPv6 DNS are manually overridden at the router to use OpenDNS. Suggestions? Does Diversion work at IPv6?

I could use some help getting Diversion to work when my local DNS is used over IPv6. Diversion works great when my clients use the IPv4 address for my router, but does not work via the IPv6 address. I have a fresh build AX58U running 386.1_2. Diversion (4.1.12) installed via AMTM (3.1.9). Both IPv4 and IPv6 DNS are manually overridden at the router to use OpenDNS. Suggestions? Does Diversion work at IPv6?
I have never seen any problems with diversion and IPV6 as long as the devices was truely using the LAN IPV6 DNS address for DNS. Sometimes a hard coded devices IPV6 DNS traffic will Escape though.(devices like cellular devices hardcoded to use a specific DNS server).

I have never seen any problems with diversion and IPV6 as long as the devices was truely using the LAN IPV6 DNS address for DNS. Sometimes a hard coded devices IPV6 DNS traffic will Escape though.(devices like cellular devices hardcoded to use a specific DNS server).
Like from a certain South Korean manufacturer. I've only one of those on my LAN, and that user's provider is offering her hardware upgrades and the rest of us are encouraging her to accept the fruit company into her life....because it just works and makes sense. she is hesitant, but doesn't understand that resistance is futile. the rest of the (extended) family will assimilate her.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!