What's new

AdGuardHome Diversion or ADGuard

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StefanoN

Regular Contributor
Hi
In a few days I will change my AC86U router to the new AX86S, again with the rmerlin software. One of the applications that I would like to move is ADGuard home: since the two routers have the same memory, is it better to continue using ADGuard Home or better switch to Diversion?
Sorry but I don’t quite understand the differences between the two programs.
Thanks

I would continue with AdGuard Home if you have been happy with it.

The new router ( I change with Ax86u) will arrive in these days, and I plan to continue using AdGuard. I've always found it fine even if I've had to restart it a few times due to memory problems (I suppose that 512mb of Ac86u are few or at the limit). I'll let you know as soon as I reinstall.

The new router ( I change with Ax86u) will arrive in these days, and I plan to continue using AdGuard. I've always found it fine even if I've had to restart it a few times due to memory problems (I suppose that 512mb of Ac86u are few or at the limit). I'll let you know as soon as I reinstall.
Better memory constraints will definitely help. The biggest problem is adguardhome does not define limits per memory size- so we as users wont actually know the limit until we hit it. Adguardhome is designed to be a one size fits all binary designed to run on any structure of any size. Their wiki states be mindful of ram space, but within the binaries design there is no true warning of what an appropriate size is. With atleast 1gb of memory you should be able to get away with a reasonable size block list. Feel free to share your findings though.

Are you still using it?
Not currently, but only because I am testing other solutions. I like the local server aspect of AdGuard Home running as an amtm install, but I am contemplating trying a TP-Link Omada solution for my network.

You know me, always trying out new things. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!