What's new

Diversion Diversion/Skynet: Amazon Echo Device Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Here is my highly effective and comprehensive amazon whitelist.....

aan.amazon-adsystem.com
aan.amazon.com
aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com
aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com
aax-us-pdx.amazon-adsystem.com
aax.amazon-adsystem.com
amazon.co.uk
amazon.com
amazon.in
amazonaws.com
c.amazon-adsystem.com
cognito-identity.us-east-1.amazonaws.com
completion.amazon.co.uk
dcs-edge-va6-802167536.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com
det-ta-g7g.amazon.com
device-messaging-na.amazon.com
device-metrics-us-2.amazon.com
device-metrics-us.amazon.com
dp-discovery-na-ext.amazon.com
fls-eu.amazon.com
fls-eu.amazon.de
fls-na.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-na.amazon.com
images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com
ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com
ir-uk.amazon-adsystem.com
kinesis.us-east-1.amazonaws.com
mads.amazon-adsystem.com
mads.amazon.com
mas-sdk.amazon.com
msh.amazon.com
ocsp.rootg2.amazontrust.com
ocsp.sca1b.amazontrust.com
s.amazon-adsystem.com
s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com
s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com
s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com
s3.amazonaws.com
s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com
s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com
smile.amazon.com
spectrum.s3.amazonaws.com
sqs.us-east-1.amazonaws.com
todo-ta-g7g.amazon.com
unagi-na.amazon.com
unagi.amazon.com
us-east-1.amazonaws.com
wms-eu.amazon-adsystem.com
wms-na.amazon-adsystem.com
wms-na.assoc-amazon.com
ws-eu.amazon-adsystem.com
ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com
z-na.amazon-adsystem.com
pinpoint.us-east-1.amazonaws.com
mobileanalytics.us-east-1.amazonaws.com
aax-us-iad.amazon.com
aax-us.amazon-adsystem.com
cloudfront-labs.amazonaws.com
s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com
amazoncustomerservice.d2.sc.omtrdc.net
I've put this full list in the whitelist with the hope to solve the issue on the Amazon App that is saying "OOPS... there is a problem" but the issue is still there. Do you have any suggestion to solve the issue ?

I've put this full list in the whitelist with the hope to solve the issue on the Amazon App that is saying "OOPS... there is a problem" but the issue is still there. Do you have any suggestion to solve the issue ?
You may need to look at your logs when attemtping to access Amazon app some of the domains that get blocked are based on geolocation. Which means it might not be covered in that list. I gathered all those domains from looking at the dnsmaq log using diversion.

O.M.G.

This has just solved a problem that I've been trying to solve since Christmas!

Have 5 Echos in the house, with 3 in the bedrooms. In the middle of the night, they would constantly reconnect and light up the whole bedroom with the blue spinning light. I have even went so far as to set up 2 extra AIMesh nodes (thinking it was a WiFi problem) on my middle and third floor. I've also gone through literally every antenna position and combination of WiFi settings known to man, but all to no avail!

THIS has fixed it!

Thank you SO, SO much!!

O.M.G.

This has just solved a problem that I've been trying to solve since Christmas!

Have 5 Echos in the house, with 3 in the bedrooms. In the middle of the night, they would constantly reconnect and light up the whole bedroom with the blue spinning light. I have even went so far as to set up 2 extra AIMesh nodes (thinking it was a WiFi problem) on my middle and third floor. I've also gone through literally every antenna position and combination of WiFi settings known to man, but all to no avail!

THIS has fixed it!

Thank you SO, SO much!!
What solved your problem? There have been a couple few suggestions in this thread.

See Post #1.
dnsmaq log using diversion is your friend in this; I also solved the issue about Amazon App that is saying "OOPS... there is a problem".

The whole list might be useless depending from your geolocation.
What makes the difference for the Echo Dot for Diversion is:
device-metrics-us-2.amazon.com

In any case the best is looking at dnsmaq log may be with a filter on the device IP.

The whole list might be useless depending from your geolocation.
What makes the difference for the Echo Dot for Diversion is:

In any case the best is looking at dnsmaq log may be with a filter on the device IP.
Yea some of the domains in the list also fix issues with Amazon firetablets and fire sticks as well as Amazon shopping apps. Alot of which is widely dependent on geolocation as well. (But sometimes not dependent on your geolocation, more so the geolocation of the Amazon servers being accessed.) Dnsmasq log is the best route for whitelisting needs.

Thanks so much for this! Even though I had a few Echo devices that have always functioned without issue, I recently got a new one (Gen 4?) and began having frequent losses of connection. Got a similar one to replace it and had similar issues. I was ready to toss both after doing some troubleshooting. Found this thread and it solved my issues.

I can not thank you enough! Neither can my wife since I am taking all the credit :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!