What's new

Divert One URL to Another

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ydnaroo

Regular Contributor
Hi. I've got an ASUS RT-AX86U running Merlin 388.1. I have a streaming receiver that hard coded to access "denon.vtuner.com" for the Internet radio database. I'd like to be able to divert this to "vtuner.b0.dk". Is there a straightforward way I can do this with my router and Merlin? Alternatively, I have Pi-hole running on a pi Zero on the network that's used for one computer, if it is easier to divert using Pi-hole I could set the receiver to use this instead of the router DNS. Any help appreciated. Andy

No. You'd need a web proxy to achieve that type of redirection.

Hi. I've got an ASUS RT-AX86U running Merlin 388.1. I have a streaming receiver that hard coded to access "denon.vtuner.com" for the Internet radio database. I'd like to be able to divert this to "vtuner.b0.dk". Is there a straightforward way I can do this with my router and Merlin? Alternatively, I have Pi-hole running on a pi Zero on the network that's used for one computer, if it is easier to divert using Pi-hole I could set the receiver to use this instead of the router DNS. Any help appreciated. Andy

If you simply want to have it get a different IP address from DNS that's easy to do. But if the service relies on the http header or uses the hostname in any way in its communications, then that's going to be much more complex

Thanks for your replies both. I'll stack this one for the New Year. :)

Thanks for all your excellent work Merlin.