What's new

Dlink DGE-530T won't connect gigabit in Win7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Flaus

Occasional Visitor
Hey,

I started a thread earlier but I have since found the problem so I started a new thread. I installed a dlink DGE-530T nic in a pc running windows 7 the other day and I cannot get it to connect to the gigabit LAN. I have the same card installed on a machine running Vista and it is connected at 1gbps to the Dlink DIR-655 router. The Windows 7 machine is connected at 100mbps, but when I go into the Device Manager-->Properties==> Advanced--> Speed and Duplex, and I set it to 1000 Full duplex, is drops the connection and just shows a red X over the network symbol. I have reinstalled the latest Vista 64-bit drivers, but no luck. Any thing I'm missing, could it be a bad card, or maybe just not compatible with Win7 on gigabit? Thats what I am leaning towards since it works fine on the machine running Vista. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hardware check. Swap the switch port, then the cable, then pull the known good card from the Vista box and try it there.

Problem solved. My cable connections were off, so I re-terminated the patch cords and all is good. Thanks for the help jdabbs.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!