What's new

Dlink DSL 2730U Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

U

Unregistered

Hi Everyone, I purchased a new router from Dlink , the DSL 2730U it has N-type wireless technology, and is suppose to transfer data rates to 150 mbps,

But I have tons of problems with it! And when I call Dlink customer care here in India, they hardly know anything of the product , and they ask for remote assistance and do whatever I have tried in the past to get this router to perform optimally.

Firstly

here is my setup, Its in a bedroom (thanks to my ISP) and its right towards a door which leads to a hallway and the other bedrooms

Now I am trying to access the internet in a bedroom which is diagonally opposite and in line of sight of the router however I get range just towards the door of THAT bedroom but not more than that.

I use inSSIDER , to find my signal strength and graphically as well,

And the wierdest part is even right next to the router with my laptop or my mobile phone(Nexus One) I am unable to get full range signal, I just get 3 bars.

There has to be something wrong here right?

I am currently broadcasting on Channel 11, and 40 Mhz and my RSSI is -57 dBm isn't that quite low considering I am right next to the router?

Your router is a single stream N router that supports link rates to 150 Mbps when set to use 40 MHz bandwidth. Your actual throughput will be much lower.

If your home/apartment uses concrete / cinder block construction, it will reduce the wireless signal quite quickly.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!