What's new

DLNA and firmware 376.47

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pikok

New Around Here
Hey all,

First of all I'd like to apologise if this has been asked before. I went through some pages but was unable to find anything related to my issue.

I've been on an older version for a good while, the one from around june 2014. I'd have to check in detail which one. Everything was working fine, but I decided to upgrade anyway because the newer versions included some patches and new features and whatnot. Unfortunately ever since I've been struggling with DLNA. I'll download a file, or upload it from my pc, onto my HDD and it won't show up on any of my DLNA devices, but I will see it when checking FTP or AICloud.
I have to manually go into my router settings and trigger it to scan by making a change in my DLNA settings. Before this was never an issue.
I've tried the following:
- Format HDD from EXT2 to NTFS = same issue
- Reset to Factory Default = same issue
- Format HDD back to EXT2 = same issue

I'm considering downgrading, but I figured others should be experiencing something similar, so I'm wondering whether I'm doing something wrong or if there's a way to force the DLNA server to sync sooner. Should no one have an idea, I figure I'll have no choice than to downgrade, but I kind of want to avoid doing so without looking into this further.

Due to a change Asus did in recent GPL code, minidlna is no longer able to pick up new files unless you restart it to force a database rebuild.

This is something that I cannot fix as it's related to closed source code, so we'll have to hope that Asus eventually fixes it on their end.

Thanks for the reply! Downgrading will resolve the issue then? If so, what version still works?

Thanks for the reply! Downgrading will resolve the issue then? If so, what version still works?

376.45 or 46, I don't remember which build included the Asus change.

Already in 374.43_2 miniDLNA rescan did't work

Due to a change Asus did in recent GPL code, minidlna is no longer able to pick up new files unless you restart it to force a database rebuild.

Sorry if it is an obvious question, but how to do that? Rebooting the router will do it?

In addition, is minidlna reliable in a NTFS disk?
Should it be better moved to a EXTsomething partition? If so, how to do that?
I was searching for these questions/answers in the forum but couldn't find them.

Thanks

I have to do this often as I find my listing often contains a couple of listings for the same file.

I guess turning OFF and then ON "Enable DLNA Media Server" should also work?

I've found that only seems to work part of the time, only rebooting the router works 100% of the time. I regularly use DLNA and find it very frustrating to have to do this every time a new file is added to gain access to it.
:(

Can any of you test 376.48 Beta 2? Minidlna is now staticly linked with its own copy of sqlite, which should resolve the issue.

376.48 Beta 2 - resolves minidlna refresh issues

Confirmed that the beta 2 build resolves the issue with minidlna not updating when new items are added. Thanks!!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!