What's new

DLNA server appears after lots of minutes..

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lwizard

Regular Contributor
It seems that Tomato is quite ready for AC68U.

Asus firmare is really buggy. Also Merlin mods seems not to help so much.. probably too many bug for a single man :)

Now my Asus DLNA server with 0.38_2 appears only after lots of minutes in Bubble Upnp for Android..

And you've tried 374.40 alpha4?

And you've tried 374.40 alpha4?

No. I have tried 374.40 beta (6 march).
UPnP seems to work but SAMBA is not announced properly (sometimes devices are seen, but not reachable).

Strange things is that before upgrading to 0.40 and reverting back to .38_2 UPnP worked.

Maybe some configuration issue in downgrading.

Other strange thing: I can see Asus UPnP library only after lots of minutes from wifi android, but I can see without problmem another UPnP server which is connected with Gigabit.

Maybe a problem in UPnP server itself and not in routing.

Also I have now turned on IGMP proxy and i solves the problem for asus server, but it shouldn't be necessary and in the past it worked without IGMP..

It sounds like you're not doing a full reset between firmware?

I did not

No, I didn't.
Should I?

A software factory reset is enough?

After that do I have to configure manually or is there a way to import config (dhcp, wifi. etc..)?

Yes, you should. Otherwise the glitches you're seeing may simply be old settings that are not properly applied with the new firmware (which is expecting a different syntax or value).

If you reset via the web gui, followed by pulling the power plug (and not rebooting via the web gui) you should be fine.

I have found that a couple of extra reboots (after you have configured the router minimally to allow for internet access) is also a good idea if you want it to be as stable as possible.

And manually reconfiguring it is mandatory*; importing a saved config file is the same as not performing a reset.

*If you search through the forums, there is a safe way to save and reload a bunch of settings we would normally do manually; but for now, try a manual setup and see if your issues are cleared up.

same problem

tried reset but problem is present in 0.38_2 and 0.40 alfa
0.39 works fro upnp but doesn not works well SAMBA with WDTV live.

This firmware (AsusWRT) simply sucks!

My old WNR3500L with Tomato was perfect.

I bought this brick thinking of speeding up wifi and transmission, but it works very bed..

I maybe fixed the problem..
I disconnected all lan cables and WAN.

DLNA started work again.

I reconnect wan and again it works

Reconnected LAN printer and main PC and it still works.

I am now away, but it could be the connection to my router modem setted to bridge by telnet.

I use have recently adopted a router modem VDSL provided by my provider.
I have setted it in bridge mode on LAN4 and connected to asus WLAN.

Than, after disabling DHCP, wifi, UPNP, FTP, I connected it to Asus with a second cable to access its graphic interface.
I was pretty sure I had already detached it, but maybe I have not fully detached the cable.. Maybe SAMBA service is still active on bridged router on non bridged ports and it couses conflicts..