What's new

DMZ or PPPoE?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matthew Patrick

Hey guys. So here's my situation. I'm getting a new isp in the next few days, and as far as I can see . They do not allow customers to have admin access on the modem. So I need to do my changes when the technicians are here installing my fiber.

The box that they have is an ONT box. So modem/router one.

I don't know if theirs do have a bridge mode so idk.. but I do know that I have ways to get around the double nat situation (I need port forwarding)

Either cross my fingers they have DMZ so I can DMZ my router or if their router is unlocked, I can try to do PPPoE passthrough so I can configure my router as PPPoE client. But idk what is better. What do you guys think?

Which is better? I've never experienced anything to do with PPPoE so any info is appreciated!! Thanks!!

True bridge mode is highly preferred. Make sure that the radios are off too when bridge mode is enabled.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!