What's new

dn-vnstat "no data to display" in "Data usage" and "compare usage"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

late to the party, thanks for your help!, not getting email responses to this. In waiting for a response I un-installed re-installed and stats came back to life.

I just updated amtm that changed a number of components. Now, vn-Stat is no longer updated the stats in the GUI, although if I look at them from amtm, they look OK.

Update: I uninstalled vn-stat, then reinstalled. Now, the stats are good in the GUI. I do not know what other scripts would be impacted by the amtm update but certainly vn-stat was.

Last edited:
I just updated to 2.0.3, and now the Data Usage graph is not keeping up-to-date. It is 8:42 local time, but the graph is stuck at 1am. But if I look at the vnstat CLI table, that is updated to 8am. I tried uninstalling vnstat but keeping the data and config, reinstalled, but no change. I do want to lose the previous data, so I am reluctant to uninstall and delete the data and config. How can I get vnstat back to working correctly and still keep my historical data?

I just updated to 2.0.3, and now the Data Usage graph is not keeping up-to-date. It is 8:42 local time, but the graph is stuck at 1am. But if I look at the vnstat CLI table, that is updated to 8am. I tried uninstalling vnstat but keeping the data and config, reinstalled, but no change. I do want to lose the previous data, so I am reluctant to uninstall and delete the data and config. How can I get vnstat back to working correctly and still keep my historical data?
do you see any errors when running option 1 at the CLI?

No. I get a listing of the stats, but no errors.

Is it possible that graph is showing a different time than my local time? It is showing 2am as the latest x-axis data point whereas it is not 9am local time.

I just updated amtm that changed a number of components. Now, vn-Stat is no longer updated the stats in the GUI, although if I look at them from amtm, they look OK.

Update: I uninstalled vn-stat, then reinstalled. Now, the stats are good in the GUI. I do not know what other scripts would be impacted by the amtm update but certainly vn-stat was.
An amtm update has nothing to do with that. Certainly not with Vnstat.

No. I get a listing of the stats, but no errors.

Is it possible that graph is showing a different time than my local time? It is showing 2am as the latest x-axis data point whereas it is not 9am local time.
its possible, but i'd expect more users to have reported issues. i removed some of the localtime/utc conversion as it was basically converting it back and forth

Here's my vnstat screen if that helps to sort out what's going on.

Attachments

• 12-29-21 vnstat.png
    12-29-21 vnstat.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 82
Here you go. I also just did a display of vnstat from the GUI, so that should correlate closely to the output file.

I've tracked down the cause for this, I'm currently rewriting how the "current/previous 7 day" comparison chart works as a result

@TonyK132 please can you hop onto the develop channel and let me know if the issue is fixed for you? i've tested both in GMT and GMT+10 timezones
Code:
dn-vnstat develop
you'll need to use option 1 to generate updated stats after updating, then the WebUI should work

I've tracked down the cause for this, I'm currently rewriting how the "current/previous 7 day" comparison chart works as a result
Thanks for figuring this out.

@TonyK132 please can you hop onto the develop channel and let me know if the issue is fixed for you? i've tested both in GMT and GMT+10 timezones
Code:
dn-vnstat develop
you'll need to use option 1 to generate updated stats after updating, then the WebUI should work
It looks reasonable. See the attached screen capture.

@Jack Yaz - may i report a small issue here?
I upgraded to the latest version of the vnstat and some days after - to 386.4
I noticed that web gui doesn't show latest daily stats, last day was dec 12th.
I went to cli and did manual stats update. 3 libs were missing. I worked around the issue by creating symlinks to the existing lib versions.
These 3:
Code:
libwebpdecoder.so.4.1.1 -> libwebpdecoder.so.3.1.2
libwebp.so.8.1.1 -> libwebp.so.7.1.2
libwebpdemux.so.2.7.0 -> libwebpdemux.so.2.0.8
On the left is version vnstat was looking for, on the right - actual lib version in the system.

@Jack Yaz - may i report a small issue here?
I upgraded to the latest version of the vnstat and some days after - to 386.4
I noticed that web gui doesn't show latest daily stats, last day was dec 12th.
I went to cli and did manual stats update. 3 libs were missing. I worked around the issue by creating symlinks to the existing lib versions.
These 3:
Code:
libwebpdecoder.so.4.1.1 -> libwebpdecoder.so.3.1.2
libwebp.so.8.1.1 -> libwebp.so.7.1.2
libwebpdemux.so.2.7.0 -> libwebpdemux.so.2.0.8
On the left is version vnstat was looking for, on the right - actual lib version in the system.
was it these errors? https://github.com/de-vnull/vnstat-on-merlin/issues/23

if so, blame entware for dodgy library updates :D