What's new

DNS based filtering tab missing?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sarovan

New Around Here
I was just looking at my router settings today and I noticed my DNS Filtering tab is missing. I cant find it in my Parental Controls. I rebooted the router, reset to factory, and I still don't see it. Am I missing something obvious?

Sorry, just adding that I have an RT 3100 and the filtering tab has been there and working for the last one year.

Look under Lan>DNS Filtering.

OMG, stupid me. Yes, its there. I saw it as next to Parental Filter in the screenshot in documentation and was looking for it there.

No worries it isn't often that things get moved around.;):)

OMG, stupid me. Yes, its there. I saw it as next to Parental Filter in the screenshot in documentation and was looking for it there.
Indeed it used to be there and then, a couple of firmware updates ago, it moved to a more logical place.

There’s so much stuff packed into the GUI it’s easy to forget where everything is, especially if it’s been a while since you last logged in.

It was moved because users where under the impression DNSFilter was a Trend Micro-related feature - it's not. It's something I developed myself, originally inspired by Asus's YandexDNS feature, and does not require any of the Trend Micro components.

I'll update the Wiki.