What's new

Do all AX routers w. Merlin FW (RT-AX56U, RT-AX58U, RT-AX3000, RT-AX88U) support Dual WAN?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StR

Regular Contributor
I am wondering if all 4 AX routers currently supported by Merlin are equally capable of running with dual WAN (via Ethernet)?
That actually has this questions:
1. Do all of them support dual WAN?
1. Do all of them support dual WAN via Ethernet for both?
and
2. Are the dual WAN capabilities the same for all of them, or some have more features?

I've looked at the AX-88U emulator at http://demoui.asus.com/index.asp (with ASUS firmware), and while it officially (i.e. as written in specs on ASUS website) support dual WAN, according to the dual-WAN menu, it looks one of the uplinks has to be connected via USB.
However, you can run the WAN aggregator mode, in which case the second uplink can be connected to the LAN-4 Ethernet port.
So, I am confused: can failover or load-balanced dual-WAN mode be used with 2 Ethernet connections on this (and other AX) router(s)?

Also, RT-AX3000 and RT-AX58U do not list "Dual WAN" in the specs, - I am not sure if that's just an oversight, or they don't support it at all. (Both RT-AX56U and RT-AX88U list Dual WAN in specs.)

Everything is work great here, Running my dsl line(BackUp) in Lan4 port

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 11.45.24 PM.png