What's new

Does a 5.0 40 MHz client affect a 5.0 80 MHz client?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There is a better solution. The forum just got 13342 posts lighter for me. Forum QoS applied.

I would ask @OzarkEdge to share details on his decision how to restore/rebuild the network he has.

I would ask @OzarkEdge to share details on his decision how to restore/rebuild the network he has.

I'm just being thrifty with old tech while waiting for new tech to mature.

OE

That Eero is pricey at $500 and reminds me of the google nest in its look and the way it’s setup.
I’ve thought about getting the aforementioned r7800 and just out it in the storage closet in case I need it with things the way they are nowadays. Haven’t used NetGear in awhile but I know the r7800 is highly favored here particularly by @thiggins
I may just order it from the web store at micro center and pay $6 to ship it.

@OzarkEdge already has a few AIO routers. I don't think R7800 fits the picture well. It's a good router, but not related to anything he has ATM. I was thinking RT-N66U as Wireless Bridge on 5GHz and an outdoor 2.4GHz long range AP connected to it. I believe Ozark's goal is to cover the backyard with this 2nd AP. That may provide even better coverage than previous AiMesh. No better switching between APs for sure, but re-using what's available and minimum new hardware investment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!