What's new

Does AI Mesh with an ethernet backhaul via a Powerline adaptor between the two Asus routers actually work?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My understanding hasn't changed... you're still reading too much into the router GUI.

OE
Ok. It only took you two months to express it. I’m glad you cleared it up. Have a good day!

I wonder even some case: powerline signal is too weak, could we connect 2 powerline into one asus router AiMesh?
Like this:
MAIN ROUTER
||
(PowerLine 2 ports)
||
(PowerLine 2 ports)
||
AiMesh node

I too am using a mixture of wireless and TP-Link powerline for the backhaul just fine. It even switches between powerline and wireless depending on the signal strength of the wireless which fluctuates. I've got AX92Us. The backhaul just shows up as 'wired' rather than that 'powerline' icon so not sure what the logic for that GUI icon is. Possibly Asus are planning some AImesh compatible powerline adapter as the OP suggests.

Also, FWIW, I have been pleasantly surprised at how stable it is with the AX92Us. Previously I had a mixture of AC68Us and AC67Us and that was pretty unreliable with dropouts regularly. I put it down to the AX vs AC protocol being used.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!