What's new

Diversion Does Diversion block doubleclick?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think you're right. A quick check on my end and doubleclick.net is rerouted to https://marketingplatform.google.com. Even though both domains are in the blocking blacklist, the site is happily being displayed without any issues. However, uBlock Origins add-on is blocking both in the browser. I didn't have time to do further investigations. @thelonelycoder

My pihole catches it along with all the other crap on that test site. Then again I loaded tons of lists and fine tuned the blocks even further over time.

1664492412461.png

1664492472490.png

Is Diversion blocking doubleclick? When I go to adblock testing websites, doubleclick shows it is not blocked. Adding doubeclick.net to the wildcard blacklist doesn't work, the website still shows it's not blocked.

I was using this to test: https://d3ward.github.io/toolz/adblock.html
The test on that website shows wrong results when pixelserv-tls is installed and enabled in Diversion because it "answers" to the request. Copy one of the links that supposedly are not blocked and paste it into an new tab. See what loads, i'm sure that 95% of the URLs are blocked. Of course this depends on what blocking list type is selected in Diversion.

Just for shirts and giggles, one can disable pixelserv-tls in ep, 1 and run the test again. This will answer requests with the NULL address 0.0.0.0 and satisfy that jaded adblock test site. Don't forget to re-enalble pixelserv-tls after.

I'm experiencing the same thing.
Many of the domains in the blocking list are not being blocked anymore?
See my post above.

My pihole catches it along with all the other crap on that test site. Then again I loaded tons of lists and fine tuned the blocks even further over time.
And so does Diversion, I just happen to have the option to use pixelserv-tls in my ad-blocker. This answers requests for blocked domains. See my post above.

Just for shirts and giggles
Looks like this website rewrites the proper writing of the above. When I click Edit for that post, it correctly reads as it should be. Must be an american thing when one has to censor commonly used phrases :cool:
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/for+shirts+and+giggles

I'm not using pixelserv-tls
Again, I'm not positively impressed by how that website does its checks. Running it repeatedly gives differing results. I would stay away from it.
Ultimately, the blocking list type and the visual experience of a website is the determining factor. If there are not ads shown on websites Diversion did its job good enough.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!