What's new

Does Merlin support Asus ROG AC5300?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rodrigo

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I want to know if Merlin support Asus ROG AC5300. In the website put AC5300 but I dont know if is the old versión or the new ROG version.

Thanks

It supports the RT-AC5300, but not the ROG GT-AC5300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It supports the RT-AC5300, but not the ROG GT-AC5300

I cant believe :( I just bought it in amazon at 261 euros, and Do you know if there is any plan to bring Merlin to the new versión?

Sadly it’s firmware is too custom so no, not likely

That’s very cheap BTW!! It’s ~€420 (£380) here!!

That’s very cheap BTW!! It’s ~€420 (£380) here!!

Yes, I know. I think was a error because I talked with them because they charged me 5 euros more and later the price change to 320. But I did think that I could install Merlin.

I would sell it in Ebay for profit unopened and get the RT-AC5300 if I were you!

I would sell it in Ebay for profit unopened and get the RT-AC5300 if I were you!

Yes... maybe I dont know, also I ordered a ASUS AC88U to China at 196 euros, I hope PP pay the shipping cost to chine. I buy this becouse for only 66 euros I have a better router and warranty in europe.

@RMerlin some plans to port Merlin to ASUS ROG AC5300, maybe if a lot of people have it?
I would love it because I also bought one ;=)..my old Asus AC66U..was getting old.

I wan a cry

I've been posting both on these forums and on Twitter for the past 4+ months that I had no intention to support this model...

I've been posting both on these forums and on Twitter for the past 4+ months that I had no intention to support this model...

Okey, thanks for your work. I don't follow you in twitter so I didn't know. But I hope you change your thinking.

Last edited:
Okey, thanks for your work. I don't follow you in twitter so I didn't know. But I hope you change your thinking.
I'd cry with you but only asus can change his mind, and the moment there are just to many reasons why it cannot be done, I know I'm sad to and I've come to terms with it.

I'd cry with you but only asus can change his mind, and the moment there are just to many reasons why it cannot be done, I know I'm sad to and I've come to terms with it.
Why asus is the problem? Will they change the firmware to one more "easy"?

Why asus is the problem? Will they change the firmware to one more "easy"?
Too many closed source parts basically Merlin is locked out of those parts, and asus doesn't release firmware source code at the same time as other units basically thier not releaseing many updates for the router compared to other models.

@RMerlin can you not make a sticky at the top of the sub about this. Question gets asked quite alot

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Probably wouldn’t help [emoji23]

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!