What's new

Does Merlin support Asus RT-AX55

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not now, but no guarantee about the (near) future.

Don't purchase if RMerlin magic is required, today.

I have rt-ax55 and will there be asus merlin for it its almost the same as rt-ax56u
Sent my AX56U to repair. and bought a AX55, the 56U firmware won't work. so don't buy it. I'll get a AX3000

Sent my AX56U to repair. and bought a AX55, the 56U firmware won't work. so don't buy it. I'll get a AX3000
Better choice anyway. The AX3000 or AX58U can often be found for the same price as the AX56U. Just picked one up over Cyber-Monday weekend for $130.

Better choice anyway. The AX3000 or AX58U can often be found for the same price as the AX56U. Just picked one up over Cyber-Monday weekend for $130.
After bought it, I realized mine was TUF AX3000, and it's different from RT AX3000, and Merlin doesn't support it. :(

The Asus RT-AX55 is cheap and sometimes on offer on Amazon for £79.99 (currently £94.99 at time of writing).

I wanted to get one to test Merlin alphas and betas out - and to have as a cheap backup router if main one fails as its WiFi-6.
I could also use it maybe as a mesh device at some point.

As it IS an AX model, I was hoping Merlin would support it (even as lowest priority to other models). There are better but more expensive models for MAIN usage, but for reasons stated above it is ideal.

Hi.
I want to buy Asus RT-AX55:

Does Merlin's firmware support this device?
I highly recommend the RT-AX68U, RT-AX86U, or RT-AX88, please skip the lower end routers, go for mid grade. You probably wont regret it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!