What's new

Does the RT-AX86U/S Router Support UNII-4 Channels 169, 173, and 177 in USA?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HarryMuscle

Could anyone confirm if the RT-AX86U or RT-AX86S routers support channels 169, 173, and 177 on the 5GHz spectrum in the USA? I believe these channels have only been added to the allowed list of channels in the USA very recently (known as UNII-4 I think) so I'm not sure if these routers would support them yet or not. Also, how realistic is it to expect client devices to support these new channels?

Thanks,
Harry

Last edited:
Could anyone confirm if the RT-AX86U or RT-AX86S routers support channels 169, 173, and 177 on the 5GHz spectrum in the USA? I believe these channels have only been added to the allowed list of channels in the USA very recently (known as UNII-4 I think) so I'm not sure if these routers would support them yet or not. Also, how realistic is it to expect client devices to support these new channels?

Thanks,
Harry

My US AX86U on firmware 388.21709 does not offer U-NII-4 band channels.

IMO, U-NII-4 is best used for a 160MHz non-DFS wireless backhaul between AiMesh nodes that support U-NII-4. Client support for U-NII-4 is not something I would plan on.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!