What's new

Does WiFi TX Power Setting Sync to AiMesh Nodes?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And how about SSHing into the node

SSHing to the node and manipulating settings manually is not how AiMesh was designed to be used. I quoted the exact question I replied to.

Another thing I didn't try (just thought of it) was to change the SSIDs on the nodes to see what happens after boot. I'll guess they'll become conformant to the master.

change the SSIDs on the nodes

Sorry, this is completely unrelated to the original question. AiMesh uses the same SSIDs and the same channels.

It would seem the node's power is uncontrollable "normally". But since the node (re-)configuration also "seems" so complete when newly powered up into an available and active aimesh scenario, maybe it /will/ then operate at reduced power, following the level of the master, in such a state (which, admittedly /should/ be the case "automatically"). Don't you agree that'd be a simple valid check? Just reduce the master's power and after it resumes reboot the node.

Sorry, this is completely unrelated to the original question. AiMesh uses the same SSIDs and the same channels.
The (re-)configuration level (totality?) freshly booted into a mesh was my reference there. Sorry that wasn't clear (hell, maybe still ain't).

@glens, I have no intentions to test anything an AiMesh user is not expected to do. I brought home 2x identical model routers, updated the firmware, cleared the settings, reset them few times each for testing, added them as nodes, wired and wireless, did additional main unit resets when Tx power changing, etc. Took quite some time, RT-AC68Us reboot process takes >2min. I believe I did enough. If someone else wants to test further and with variations - feel free to do so.

Changes to the system requiring reboot must reboot whatever has to be rebooted. AiMesh GUI page in System Settings has Reboot System button. If AiMesh can really reboot the entire system, it can be done in software way and it was needed - AiMesh could do it. Issues with AiMesh system logic - contact Asus Support.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!