What's new

DOUBLE NAT? DDNS not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gurpartap

New Around Here
hi guys
i have an asus n68u router attached to my ISP Modem (huawei hg8240). My isp modem is also configured as a router and so is the asus router so this creates a problem of Double NAT .
so due to this double nat i cannot setup ftp share via internet as i cant configure ddns on asus router----it gives a error of invalid ip address also it says that this router is in a double nat envoirment so ddns wont function properly.
i searched a lot and figured out i can setup my asus router as ACCESS POINT and this will eiminate problem of double nat,i did that,but after that all the options of setting up AI disk(ftp share thorugh internet) were lost ,only local ftp share is availaible. so my query is
1)- Can i somehow still use asus AI disk for my connected drive while the router is in access point mode?

i also tried to put my Isp router in bridge mode and then entered my username and password in the asus router but it doesnt work ,the aus router givees an error that username password is not correct,although same username password when used through isp modem works perfectly.

so can anyone please help me how should i setup everything... ?
i am kind of new to networking but if anybody can provide some help or point me in the correct direction it is greatly appreciated .
thank you
notes-
huawei hg8240 is an fibre optic modem connected to asus through the wan port .
can setting up port forwarding on the isp modem be of some use?

Please stop cross posting same questions across subforums.