What's new

Double NAT on IPV6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rooby

Regular Contributor
Hello
I need some technical help regarding cascading two routers.
I have an internet service provider which uses IPV6/DS-light and I have to use the modem/router I got from them. Unfortunately they disable the bridge mode in their router so I have to use the routing mode. The next problem is that they have remote access to this router which forces me to put my own router in routing mode behind to use the IPV6 firewall.
So how can I configure this to get a IPV6 prefix from the first router. Since I do not have this configuration available yet a I have connected two Asus merlin routers for testing:
Modem/PPPOE -> Router1 -> Router2 -> clients

I have connected the WAN port of the Router2 on one LAN port of Router1. Router1 is connected to the modem in bridge mode.
Router1 gets an IPV6 address and when I connect a client on Router1 they will get a IPV6 adress with WAN prefix. So the config of Router1 seems ok.
But how to configure Router2? I Set WAN port to Automatic IP. It will get a IPV4 address from Router1. But when I configure IPV6 to native it will not get a IPV6 address/prefix so the clients is getting only local IPV6 addresses.
Can this be configured Router2 that the clients on Router2 will get the IPV6 prefix from Router1?

Thanks