What's new

Dropbox AiCloud Error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

anthr4x

Occasional Visitor
I get this error on my AC87R, Merlin firmware. It don't matter what hard drive or folder i use. I configured asus webstorage and works just fine. Have anyone had this error before?
sync disk unplug!

Hey,

Did you mange to solve this issue with Dropbox and AiCloud? I have the same problem.

Thanks

FWIW - Dropbox.com announced some API changes back in Nov/Dec 2015 that might have impacted things as they depreciated older API calls...

Damn. I was afraid of finding this. And here I dropped by questionable Webstorage annual subscription for more reliable Dropbox. Now we have to wait graciously for ASUS Engineering to (want to) do anything about it while my data on my NAS drive is not getting backed up into the cloud :-(

Anyone talked to ASUS yet?

Hi there,

Short time lurker, first time poster here. I have the RT-AC66R router with the 380.59 firmware installed. Very happy with the performance of the router, but one of the huge selling features for me was the published ability to sync with my Dropbox account. Alas, I'm very underwhelmed. Can anyone confirm that it is working for them, and if they know what configuration they have used to get it working? I have formatted my drive NTFS and EXT2, I have used the stock Asus firmware as well as the current Merlin firmware, and I seem to bounce back and forth between the "error (sync disc unplug)", or the fractionally optimistic situation I'm in now, where it has been "initial (verifying...)" for a couple of hours, during which at the 20 minute mark it did create three empty directories that do exist in my Dropbox folder.

I have noticed that the past two times I have reflashed and restored the router, it doesn't seem to be creating the "asusware" directory on my drive - is that a critical directory? Forgive my ignorance...

Does anyone have a solution that makes this work? Is anyone lucky enough to have it working, and in what configuration?

Thanks for any positive input anyone may have.

Best regards.

I had the same issue on a RT-N18U (with Merlin/Smarian alpha2 fork) router after replacing the USB HDD. The "sync disk unplug!" error was gone after resseting the firmware to factory defaults.

I've been messing around with this a little today. I'm also just getting stuck on "INITIAL" when setting up Dropbox.

I had the same issue on a RT-N18U (with Merlin/Smarian alpha2 fork) router after replacing the USB HDD. The "sync disk unplug!" error was gone after resseting the firmware to factory defaults.
What software do you use? RMerlin has never support RT-N18U.

I apologize for necroposting, but seems like this is the most recent topic on Dropbox sync and INITIAL error. Has anyone ever been able to make this work? I"m using ASUS TUF-AX5400 with latest and pre-latest firmwares (3.0.0.4.388_22525-gd35b8fe and TUF-AX5400_combo_3.0.0.4_388_21224-g702a50f) and getting same result when trying to sync USB HDD folder to Dropbox: auth'ing goes fine, but then sync is stuck on INITIAL whatever it means. Sent a message to ASUS support, but maybe someone here was able to make it work? Cheers.