What's new

Dropbox?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kohht

Occasional Visitor
Just updated to latest beta 3 for my AC-68U and found out something new..

In AiCloud 2.0, in Smart Sync section you can select provider "Dropbox".

Just want to know if anyone know about this?
With the current security for this beta 3, safe to use?

Also, I repartition my HDD from NTFS to EXT4 and getting numbers of errors in system log.
At one point stated "e2fsck".

Repartition using Minitool partition.

Jan 1 08:00:34 kernel: EXT4-fs (sda1): warning: mounting fs with errors, running e2fsck is recommended

Jan 1 08:00:34 kernel: EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: user_xattr

Aug 1 19:36:46 kernel: EXT4-fs error (device sda1): ext4_mb_generate_buddy:717: group 21230718 blocks in bitmap, 0 in gd
Aug 1 19:36:46 kernel: EXT4-fs error (device sda1): ext4_mb_generate_buddy:717: group 21330718 blocks in bitmap, 0 in gd

Hope someone can advise on this.

Just a quick update. Currently running fsck -y and seem like most error coming from minidlna.

I use paragon extFS to read the partition and did try to delete minidlna. (To reset) but failed to delete despite trying number of times.
Hopefully this fix my issues.

In relation to the dropbox option, its one of the few feature Asus has been working on in the more recent builds and introduced with the AC87U (Merlin also enabled it for other builds, not sure about Asus)

If fsck'ing the drive doesn't work, probably best to just format to ext4 again (can be done via the router) and see if the issue persists.

In relation to the dropbox option, its one of the few feature Asus has been working on in the more recent builds and introduced with the AC87U (Merlin also enabled it for other builds, not sure about Asus)

If fsck'ing the drive doesn't work, probably best to just format to ext4 again (can be done via the router) and see if the issue persists.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, the issues is fixed. System log not showing up any error.
Beside, can you send me SSH command on formatting EXT4? I'll be getting new WD RED HDD to increase my storage.

Problems:

The only problem I'm facing currently is that I can't delete or upload any files using filezilla via ftp. I've checked my accounts and each was set as R/W.

Not sure if this problem was related to beta build or EXT4 problem. (Which I doubt ext4 doing this..)

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, the issues is fixed. System log not showing up any error.
Beside, can you send me SSH command on formatting EXT4? I'll be getting new WD RED HDD to increase my storage.

Problems:

The only problem I'm facing currently is that I can't delete or upload any files using filezilla via ftp. I've checked my accounts and each was set as R/W.

Not sure if this problem was related to beta build or EXT4 problem. (Which I doubt ext4 doing this..)

Probably some sort of permission related issue, try chmod 777'ing a folder and see if that helps.

In relation to formatting as ext4 its fairly straight forward, Padavan has a great guide you can follow from his N56U wiki which is more or less the same as whats required here.

Thanks, can you also send me a guide for chmod?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!