What's new

DS1511+ drops connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joe567890

Occasional Visitor
Sporadically, the DS1511+ seems to drop connection to Windows 7 as well as a media streamer (BV-5005HD).

For example, a large download will fail with a "file could not be found" or "can't write to disk" type of error. It also intermittently happens when watching movie via my streaming media player that is simply connected via a file share (not DLNA, just playing a file on the share).

The files/drives are referenced via relative \\diskstation naming, not any windows drive mapping, and seems to correct itself. I have one big volume (5 3TB dives). I don't think I have anything else running or active on the DS1511+

I am still within my return period, so I'll try another unit if I can't get a good answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

You might try accessing it using \\ip-address.
When I was setting up a DS1510+ a year or so ago, Windows 7 would not recognize the name of the DS but would work correctly when using the IP.

Do you have a static IP address? Could be a DHCP refresh happening. I would recommend using only a static IP address.

All hardwired. Buffallo WZR-HP-AG300H router, all cat-6 cables to an from the Synology and the media player, and laptop.

try a long ping (use the -n option) from the computer to the NAS and look for packet loss. Could be a bad NIC in the computer or a bad switch.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!