What's new

DS211J wireless

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dazeman27

Occasional Visitor
I'm having trouble finding good information on wireless n read/write tests and capabilities with the DS211J. I guess most people using NAS have wired house, but i haven't wanted to install CATV in my walls and all of my devices are wireless, so I haven't seen the need. I'm interested to hear if people are using this with wireless devices as a server and how well it works or what they're able to do. I don't need to tranfer 200GB files, but being able to listen to music, watch movies and look at/transfer pictures in real time would be great.

Wireless

I am running similar setup in my house. 211J attached to my timecapsule and PC. I can stream music, videos, pics etc... throughout my house even downstairs to my apple tv with little to no delay.

Good luck and hope this helps!

802.11n typically delivers 60 - 80 Mbps best case (same room). With moderate signal levels you can expect about 40 Mbps, which is 5 MB/s.

This will handle pictures and music just fine. This will be iffy for reliable HD video streaming. All depends on the bitrates of the file. Forget 1080p, though.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!