What's new

Release DSL-AC68U New Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386_39648

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

r0bbieNZ

Occasional Visitor
Yay new firmware – hopefully its a good stable build

Version 3.0.0.4.386_396482020/09/0242.45 MBytes

ASUS DSL-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_39648 (This product supports both Annex A and Annex B)
Security Fix and Improvement:
– Fixed buffer overflow with shellcode of blocking_request.cgi..

Bug Fixes and Improvements:
– Fixed and enhanced AiMesh related issues.
– Fixed the abnormal detect when WAN is set as static ip.
– Fixed web response slow issue in Web History page.
– Fixed link status error which cause sometimes cannot access internet in Load Balance mode.
– Fixed OUI may not be found in networkmap.
– Fixed Parental Control not work.
– Fixed udp proxy and igmpproxy issue in bridge mode.
– Enhanced nvram space usage.
– Fixed memory leak issue.
– Fixed deleting the events of AiProtection incorrectly.
– Fixed AiMesh RE sync wrong wep key.
– Fixed missing host keys to start ssh server.
– Fixed no client traffic data on APP.
– Fixed Load Balance Primary WAN disconnect cause Secondary WAN show disconnect too.
– Fixed crash issue if control Primary WAN in NetworkMap.
– Fixed DSL WAN MAC clone not work.
– Fixed DSL WAN PPP option not work.
– Fixed restart wan while editting multiple WAN PVC/Service list.
– Fixed Network Map internet status WAN control issue.
– Fixed WPS Button Behaivour is missing on GUI.
– Updated DSL ISP list and support more IPTV profile.

Anyone had any problems yet? Ive run since it went live and seems to be very stable

Not sure if this is related.
I have had the Wifi authentication drop out on an AiMesh node (AC1900/RT-AC67U). Wifi visible but cant authenticate. Same router had stable Ethernet connections.
The one issue that I tested and was broken was parental control time scheduling. Seems to be fixed and stable

I have had a repeat of the Wifi issue. I have a Netatmo weather station and a TV and a wifi camera that all remain connected 24/7 but they seem to drop out after a week or so. Sometime the devices connect to the further away router which also acts as a wifi access point. DSL-AC68U. That has a scheduled weekly reboot so not sure if that has the issue and its being fixed by the reboot of if its not having the issue.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

I have had a repeat of the Wifi issue. I have a Netatmo weather station and a TV and a wifi camera that all remain connected 24/7 but they seem to drop out after a week or so. Sometime the devices connect to the further away router which also acts as a wifi access point. DSL-AC68U. That has a scheduled weekly reboot so not sure if that has the issue and its being fixed by the reboot of if its not having the issue.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Do these run on 2.4ghz wifi? i've noticed a weird 2.4ghz problem after about a week, 2.4ghz devices cant connect but 5ghz are fine - I was thinking it was a local interference environment problem but hoping someone else has the same problem

Can you move them over to 5ghz?

Do these run on 2.4ghz wifi? i've noticed a weird 2.4ghz problem after about a week, 2.4ghz devices cant connect but 5ghz are fine - I was thinking it was a local interference environment problem but hoping someone else has the same problem

Can you move them over to 5ghz?
I think I have Smart Connect so it will intelligently try both. That does happen when its working but now I think the issue is getting worse or at lease include more things.

I have found that the backhaul says its down and I am still having the clients not connect. Here is the Backhaul issue.

In my home i have 2 * DSL-AC68U modem/routers. One i am using as the primary router, the other as an aimesh node.
Both are running 3.0.0.4.386_39648. Both have been factory reset since having this version installed. I am using Ethernet Port1 for WAN connection (via Australian NBN network device), not the DSL port.

I'm having problems - in particular my network devices, though showing they are connected to wifi, experience periods of several minutes where they have no access to the internet. It seems to be more the case when a device first wakes up and tries to connect to the wifi network (eg a sleeping pc on waking, or a mobile phone when i get back from being at the shops). However, i have also observed occasions where I have had functioning access to the internet which then suddenly stops.

I dont know whether anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions?

In my home i have 2 * DSL-AC68U modem/routers. One i am using as the primary router, the other as an aimesh node.
Both are running 3.0.0.4.386_39648. Both have been factory reset since having this version installed. I am using Ethernet Port1 for WAN connection (via Australian NBN network device), not the DSL port.

I'm having problems - in particular my network devices, though showing they are connected to wifi, experience periods of several minutes where they have no access to the internet. It seems to be more the case when a device first wakes up and tries to connect to the wifi network (eg a sleeping pc on waking, or a mobile phone when i get back from being at the shops). However, i have also observed occasions where I have had functioning access to the internet which then suddenly stops.

I dont know whether anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions?

Try to narrow it down. Install just the router, try both, until you have stable Internet service before adding mesh to it.

OE

Try to narrow it down. Install just the router, try both, until you have stable Internet service before adding mesh to it.

OE
Pretty sure it's related to the mesh functionality. If i'm having connectivity issues and i turn off the mesh node router, i connect to primary and the wifi resolves itself. One other detail i didnt mention above is that i have a guest network turned on (i had been very excited to learn that AiMesh 2.0 would support guest networks so i could attach all my IOT devices to it).