What's new

dsl-ac68u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

freebil

Occasional Visitor
Hello. If I use dsl-ac68u as router only, is it possible to setup it with merlin firmware? Thanks

Hello. If I use dsl-ac68u as router only, is it possible to setup it with merlin firmware? Thanks

This model is not supported.

Thanks for the answer. Do you know for someone who is starting now, is it difficult to change the firmware and add into this the features you have in the merlin firmware?

Thanks for the answer. Do you know for someone who is starting now, is it difficult to change the firmware and add into this the features you have in the merlin firmware?

I'm not aware of any forked project to support the DSL models.

Hello again. I downloaded the source code for dsl-ac68u and rt-ac68u from the site of asus. I scanned them and I saw that the source code for dsl-ac68u has 2 folders more and 20 files, which contain the word dsl-ac68u or dsl68u. Many files that have these words, are exactly the same and they are in both source codes. Is it possible, If i put the extra files and folders in the correct location of rt-ac68u and compile it again to work with my dsl-ac68u? The firmware of rt-ac68 has more features and it is more stable. I dont mind to brick it:D I want to test it.

Hello. Sorry to be back again. I dont care if I lose modem functionality. Can I try merlin firmware to my device? Is it possible to brick it or if it doesnt work I can revert the original firmware with restoration utility?

Because merlin firmwares dont touch the bootloader, I think that if it wont work, i can revert it back with asus utility. In one week I ll be back home and try it. I will tell the news here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because merlin firmwares dont touch the bootloader, I think that if it wont work, i can revert it back with asus utility. In one week I ll be back home and try it. I will tell the news here.

Merlin dont support that device. If you try and load a firmware from another supported device best case it wont work worst case you will brick it. Why not pick up another supported device ?

I havent got the money now and I want to try it. So i asked more information. I know that it might be bricked. I will let you know when I have news..