What's new

DSM 6.2.2 on x10 series ... and certainly DSM 7.0 on x10, x11 et x12 :)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

simkard

New Around Here
Hello Everyone,

I have actually proofed a way to upgrade old NAS to latest DSM 6.2.2 version (like my DS1010+).
I'm actually waiting for DSM7 to be released for trying my hack.

For now I have made a website for you to subscribe in order for me to know which models to prioritize :)

Feel free to take a look at https://synupdate.tech

Cheers

Let me think about it...nope. Not giving you my email.
You want to help Syno community? I'll give you a free tip: creating a topic on SNB gives you the possibility to create a poll. Use that to "know which models to prioritize".

So I'll take your free tip *chomp*, and then I'll give you the reason why I made this site :
  • I have to collect these informations in order to prepare the hack on other models
  • ... but, I don't want to create 1 poll/forum ... this is a non-sense.
  • SNB forums is not the biggest Synology community that we have on Internet.
  • But at least, I reach out to anyone who has an old Synology NAS in order to help them
So ok it requires to signup with an email, but honestly, don't tell me that you don't have a dedicated email just for that kind of purposes ... at least ;)

Anyway, enjoy the hack when it will be released ... and most of it "Synology has to hurry up releasing the first beta version of DSM7 !" ... if at least there is one someday !

So I'll take your free tip *chomp*, and then I'll give you the reason why I made this site :
  • I have to collect these informations in order to prepare the hack on other models
  • ... but, I don't want to create 1 poll/forum ... this is a non-sense.
  • SNB forums is not the biggest Synology community that we have on Internet.
  • But at least, I reach out to anyone who has an old Synology NAS in order to help them
So ok it requires to signup with an email, but honestly, don't tell me that you don't have a dedicated email just for that kind of purposes ... at least ;)

Anyway, enjoy the hack when it will be released ... and most of it "Synology has to hurry up releasing the first beta version of DSM7 !" ... if at least there is one someday !

Hi,
I have a DS509+ with 4.2 DSM installed. Can you share the hack to install DSM 6 on that please.